Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1813 Classic Head Large Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,436Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Hambone's Avatar
United States
609 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2011  2:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hambone to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I went to the flea market today looking for a classic head large cent. This was the only one they had:

1813-Classic-Head-Large-Cent

1813-Classic-Head-Large-Cent

FR-2/AG-3?
Pillar of the Community
D0ubl3Eagle's Avatar
United States
5854 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2011  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The grade that you have assigned it seems about right.
Moderator
Learn More...
vermontensium's Avatar
United States
16697 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2011  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Barely makes AG3 IMO.
swcoin.ecrater.com
Pillar of the Community
Hambone's Avatar
United States
609 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2011  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hambone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll upgrade it when I get a chance

It's okay for now. lol
Pillar of the Community
CoinsKelly's Avatar
United States
3453 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2011  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let me compare it to mine........wait, I don't have one .

You were busy today, we have been enjoying your pix.
Rest in Peace
coinguybrian's Avatar
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2011  02:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AG, but doesn't look horribly crusted over by corrosion like so many are. Nice!
Pillar of the Community
delaner's Avatar
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2011  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add delaner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The full readable date makes that FR2+, the reverse may be FR2+ or AG3-. =)
Pillar of the Community
delaner's Avatar
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2011  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add delaner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On a whim, I pulled out my Sheldon - it's easily attributable, too! =) I'll let you do that.
Pillar of the Community
fenton's Avatar
United States
4992 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2011  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say FR-2 for this one
Pillar of the Community
Hambone's Avatar
United States
609 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2011  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hambone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha, this year is hard to attribute

I'd say S-292.



I really wouldnt think it would be difficult to find a decent classic head piece with good surfaces, turns out it is.

I was planning on getting a scudzy 1795 lib cap I'd call G-5 details corroded for $75, but he didnt bring his random coin binders that time
Pillar of the Community
delaner's Avatar
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2011  03:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add delaner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note the second S in STATES and where it lies compared to the leaves... (that's what I was looking at, anyway)
Pillar of the Community
Hambone's Avatar
United States
609 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2011  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hambone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Uh oh. I was looking at the date and stars.

What does PFL, PHL, PLF ETC. mean? I looked back but couldnt seem to find it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,436Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums