Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Post Your Paper Money Collections.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 583 / Views: 79,041Next Topic
Page: of 39
Pillar of the Community
canuck1us's Avatar
United States
1002 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those 1935 series notes are fantastic! I only have the one of those. I kinda got diverted over to coins once I started hitting the real pricey notes to add!

I had my sister snag me a new polymer $100 and send down to me. I like the looks of that one and the new $50 coming out in March. I am looking forward to the other denominations when they get unveiled. It is nice to be able to get the new uncirculated notes at face value!

I know this is for Canadian paper money but thought I would post up my 1923 and 1935 American Silver Certificates just for fun!

Post-Your-Paper-Money-Collections.
Pillar of the Community
stevex6's Avatar
3352 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Terry-T, but I have zero-knowledge of those test-notes ... ?

what year are they from? (hmmmm, they are very intriguing)
Pillar of the Community
coincollect1's Avatar
Canada
1731 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice steve again. And I havnt seen the new papermoney
Edited by coincollect1
01/24/2012 7:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
stevex6's Avatar
3352 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
canuck1us => very cool US cash ...

Ummmm ... sorry, I hate being the dude that always tries to 1-up everybody, but I only have "1" US note and this is it (oh, and honestly, it may pale in comparison to yours, for I don't have a US paper-money catalogue)

=> "1934" $100 Benjamin! (that's 1930's gangster cash!)

Post-Your-Paper-Money-Collections.

=> because it's all about the Benjamins!

NOTE TO MY CCF FRIENDS => sadly/honestly, this is one of the only chances I have of showing-off my collection, so it is quite a nice experience ...

... sure, excluding my lovely wife, who says that she thinks my collection makes me seem cute ... other than that, I really don't have too many other people that I can share my hobby with, so:

=> thank you very much for allowing me to show-off and for enjoying it with me!

This CCF forum is a very nice outlet!



Edited by stevex6
01/24/2012 7:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
Apollo's Avatar
Canada
1610 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Apollo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUE-SPECIME...em2a184f8d39

These say crossfield, yours say instruments.
Pillar of the Community
coincollect1's Avatar
Canada
1731 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice notes terry t and canuck I like the silver certificates...
Pillar of the Community
Canadian-Banknotes's Avatar
Canada
4944 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
very nice steve again. And I havnt seen the new papermoney


Post-Your-Paper-Money-Collections.
Pillar of the Community
stevex6's Avatar
3352 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, nice => man, those $50 Ice-Breaker (ship) notes are absolutely amazing => good job RCM ... that'll do!
Pillar of the Community
coincollect1's Avatar
Canada
1731 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow, that 50 is amazing... thanks canadian banks notes for showing us
Pillar of the Community
Canadian-Banknotes's Avatar
Canada
4944 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No Problem. I really like the new polymer banknotes, and can't wait until the entire series is released. (Near the end of 2013 I believe)
Bedrock of the Community
Earle42's Avatar
United States
10065 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Steve6
Steve my friend, that Benjamin is great!

I miss the classic look of these older bills as opposed to the modern funny money. But just like the coinage of that era, this bill has a more "professional" look to me.

Don't get me wrong, the funny money also has its own good looks in some ways and I like the tech that goes into the anti-counterfeit devices. I also like the semi-use of colors on them (as opposed to the colors our Northern Neighbors have ALWAYS had). But I really like the looks of the older stuff better.



How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
stevex6's Avatar
3352 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry but this made me laugh ...

Post-Your-Paper-Money-Collections.



Pillar of the Community
stevex6's Avatar
3352 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, I love my "money-stuff" ... but this is what really matters to stevex6 =>

stevex6 and his lovely wife "Daisy" and the kids (Basil, Buster and Larry) .... these are my true MS65's

Post-Your-Paper-Money-Collections.

Post-Your-Paper-Money-Collections.

=> what, you thought I'd have more hair, or what?

Pillar of the Community
darryldarryl's Avatar
Canada
2430 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice stevex6.
Valued Member
Canada
115 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Terry-T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Terry-T, but I have zero-knowledge of those test-notes ... ? what year are they from? (hmmmm, they are very intriguing.

Stevex6, like you I have no knowledge of these either. No date or anything else besides what shows in the photo.
  Previous TopicReplies: 583 / Views: 79,041Next Topic
Page: of 39

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Forums