Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Old Merc Album...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 137 / Views: 11,057Next Topic
Page: of 10
Valued Member
woodcr's Avatar
United States
403 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2013  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add woodcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also have library of coins Mercury dime album and a library of coins buffalo album, missing 7 dimes and 15 buffalo's, I guess I will have to learn how to post pictures, I did post a couple a year ago I think but it is not as easy as I would like it, is there a post pictures for dummies
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2013  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We do have a really nice image optimizer here, that helps.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2013  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Woohoo ! I hit the jackpot today, 5 old Mercs came rolling in. 25-D, 26-D, 28-P, 34-D, and a 37-D.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2013  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 30-P rolled in today. I have everything bought up to the 38's, just waiting for them to get here.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2013  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
17 Merc's came rolling home today !
I need to start pluggin holes !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2013  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So what are you doing here posting replies when you could be filling holes?
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2013  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gettin closer...a 39, 39-D, and a 38-D came rollin in !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2013  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was beginning to worry. I hoped you had not lost interest.
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2013  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Getting harder to find g-vg after I got around 1938 or so.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2013  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Afterimage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is very cool. Starting a dime collection with my grandpa in the 1970s is how I became interested in coins.

We had a huge folder that held all of the Barber, Mercury, and silver FDR dimes. It still has a few holes in it because some of the New Orleans Barbers were out of our price range even back then.

I've still got it as a matter of fact. It's safely stored away in my safe. I haven't looked at it in a long, long time and your thread gave me a monsterous flashback!
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2013  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's awesome, I have an 1896 Morgan from my Grandma that a million bucks couldn't buy.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Valued Member
chetzler's Avatar
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2013  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chetzler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There really is something inspiring about those old folders isn't there? In some instances the folders have as much history as the coin. I recently acquired a half-filled Buffalo nickel album that was published in the 1940s. It will be fun to complete.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2013  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Getting harder to find g-vg after I got around 1938 or so.
Ah, understood. Keep up the good work then.
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2013  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
38-P came rolling in today. Everything is bought up through the 42's, also snagged a 1945-micro s off WebStore for a very reasonable price. (oh I jumped the gun and bought the 45's)

Is it a micro ? It has a different location for the mint mark than some I've seen but I don't know how many different locations there are....


Old-Merc-Album...
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
  Previous TopicReplies: 137 / Views: 11,057Next Topic
Page: of 10

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Forums