Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1959-D Lincoln Cent RPM Can't Seem To Find Please Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 455Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
829 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  07:36 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I went thru coppercoins twice and couldn't seem to find it?
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raiden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a RPM to me!
Pillar of the Community
United States
503 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No doubt rpm.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2870 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are 145 RPM's on Wexler and there is not always a good pic in his listings for mm location but many of them are rotated RPM's. I would suggest looking through those listings and trying to match markers.

LINK https://doubleddie.com/1015120.html
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
3684 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly see the notching on the MM. Is the notching stronger on the bottom or top serif?

(Only 145? Yikes. That's a lot of bleary eyes.)
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
829 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Certainly see the notching on the MM. Is the notching stronger on the bottom or top serif?

(Only 145? Yikes. That's a lot of bleary eyes.)

The notching seems to be stronger on the top. Is this tilted, rotated, or west/east? I found 30 of these so it seems common. With all the die scratches on both sides, I figured I could match it up. It's easily visible with a 5X loupe
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2870 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There are 145 RPM's on Wexler and there is not always a good pic in his listings for mm location but many of them are rotated RPM's. I would suggest looking through those listings and trying to match markers.

LINK https://doubleddie.com/1015120.html
-makecents-
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pigeonman333rd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice condition coin over all were did you find it?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13704 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny how you ask about a possible RPM but only show it from further away than other reverse close-up images. You can better help us by supplying a nice close up of the MM too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
829 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2022  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Funny how you ask about a possible RPM but only show it from further away than other reverse close-up images. You can better help us by supplying a nice close up of the MM too.

My forum buddy, I will gladly show you any angle and magnification that helps. I was under the impression,the date and MM in relation to each other were important. It seems that every marker is either certain die scratches, die cracks on Lincoln or columns cracked on reverse. In this case dies scratches are abundant, but it seems like I lost a little detail when I resized it. I will say this marker is present on all twenty I checked. I will send in next reply.
Pillar of the Community
United States
829 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2022  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Would I call this a clash mark above D of GOD it's present on all 20 that have this RPM. I read through every RPM that looked close to this one but never saw it mentioned.. It may have very well been mentioned and I missed it.. The clash is very obvious. my photo not as much?
Edited by grospoisson
12/11/2022 09:29 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3684 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2022  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would refer to the raised marker above the D as a die scratch going east from above the top right of the D (GOD).
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4137 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2022  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By my memory must be WRPM-013 or 014.
Pillar of the Community
United States
829 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2022  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would refer to the raised marker above the D as a die scratch going east from above the top right of the D (GOD

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of die polishing marks and a scratch would be fairly narrow. My photo was terrible , because it didn't represent the mark very well. I have others that are a little more distinct maybe I will try to post a better picture. If I wanted to narrow my search on coppercoins.com, would I consider this rotated, tilted, or west or east? All of the RPMS I have on this date are loaded with die polishing lines, but no die cracks or columns messed up in any way? I need to find which # so I can move on! Thanks a lot for your help and info you have shared.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3684 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2022  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... If I wanted to narrow my search on coppercoins.com, would I consider this rotated, tilted, or west or east? ...

I believe they use rotated in their descriptions.

When trying to attribute I usually find one with similar notching (and maybe even a tease of separation on the top or bottom) to compare to their description.
Then I will look at the ones that have the same wording in the description.

You could also visit the Lincoln cent forum since it has Bob Piazza (a past CC attributor) as a member and he may be able
to explain a lot better.

BTW- Congrats on the bonanza. Just because you found a pile of the same RPM doesn't mean they are common. It really just means you hit a roll that had a concentration of them from the mint. It would be like finding a roll of 1996p that was loaded with 1DO-001. The variety still wouldn't be common except for you!
Edited by Petespockets55
12/13/2022 11:27 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 455Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: