Coin Community Family of Web Sites
300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Adding An Update On My Health

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Replies: 16 / Views: 779Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1812 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2026  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sharks to your friends list
@Gilly: Hope it ends up being worth the time and effort.

I am 84 and in reasonably good health.
However, I finally got to see a dermatologist (four months after family doctor's referral).
She determined I have pre-skin cancer on my forehead and temples, too much golf in the sun. Froze several areas with liquid nitrogen and prescribed a fluorouracil cream (Efudex) to be applied to forehead and temples for three weeks. This is to kill all the cancerous skin & cells.
Just starting my third week and look like I have a bad sunburn in those areas. (itchy and sore to touch)
No more golf activities and I am to keep out of the sun as much as possible..
Will not give up fishing nor gardening.
A little compromise though, did have to hire a company to service and cut my front and back yards and to blow out the snow in the lane way.

Edited by Sharks
02/26/2026 2:43 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
15962 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2026  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list
Hope this all works out for you.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
34564 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2026  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list

Quote:
Can't drive for 2 or possibly 4 weeks.
Probably return to work in 4 weeks as well.


Seems like a perfect time to be working on your collection.

Just kidding of course, but I'm glad to hear that your heart seems to be doing well now.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
7368 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2026  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list
Wow 3 weeks between appointments, then they send you home only to say get back here....wow

Glad you're doing well, I know a big part of one's health is heredity but in my case a strict diet helped turn things around.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
108298 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2026  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list
wow, "mid 60's" way too young for heart issues like that.
Hope you are feeling better and you do something fun during your 3 or 4 week hiatus from driving.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2360 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2026  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list
Gilly and Sharks, I hope for your good health and recovery.
Edited by livingwater
02/27/2026 7:15 pm
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2026  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Empty_Pockets to your friends list
Glad to hear your pacemaker is working for you. And thank you for letting us know your status.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2401 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2026  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list
@Gilly
Glad they kinda got you under control and back to normal.
Being a driver w/low BP would be a perfect driver!
Keep those Silver Eagles in order!
smat
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2026  08:50 am  Show Profile   Check Gilly's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilly to your friends list

Quote:
Seems like a perfect time to be working on your collection.

As luck would have it, my ASE collection got a 4 coin boost this week Monday! That was all bought and paid for before this all happened, so that's good.
Everything healing ok, I'm probably in the zone where I'm using the left arm more than I should. I have to (supposed to) wear an arm sling and any more, I just wear it to bed to remember not to raise the arm over my head or sleep on that side. I don't need help cleaning up any more, my wife had to wash my hair at first, but I can get my hands on top of my head now without feeling anything "pull". My luck is it's already pulled out.
So everything is going well, been out walking about an hour a day and losing some weight. I was reminded I was packing on some poundage at the Feb 4 exam that started this whole thing, almost 200, this morning was 187.
Hope all of you that commented are getting better as well!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
108298 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2026  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list
great news Gilly - I'm glad you have someone to help you out with the normal mundane tasks and chores.
So you are down to 187! That is great, but I'm curious - how tall are you?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2026  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Check Gilly's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilly to your friends list

Quote:
how tall are you

They've been calling me 5'8" for awhile, for the longest time I was 5'9", so I shrunk a bit.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2026  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Gilly's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilly to your friends list
Yesterday I had to go in for what's called a device check. The people in that unit say I'll become sort of like family, I'll be seeing them once a year minimum, the first year will be a few times.
They can communicate with the pacemaker wirelessly, analyze it, make it do different things.
The leads to my heart are the most important things it looks at after 2 weeks, and they say that part is going fine.
They said it looks like the surgeon who did the operation has already tweaked it without them knowing about it, but said that this is a good thing, and that he made adjustments that are positive for me (some adjustments are good indications and some are bad). They shut the pacemaker off even! I could feel a minor change (tech doing it was watching me and asking if I felt ok). Then they turned it on and sped my heart up a bit, that did make me feel weird. So anyways, it's working like it should and I should be able to live to be an elderly old coin collector if I don't get run over by a bus.
There was some of the typical "right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing" and some discharge instructions were messed up. (The left and right hand is cardiology vs the device clinic, where I went yesterday). Primarily, I asked them when I could drive again, they said I could have driven after 1 week, so, a week ago!? Oh well. I seriously thought it may have been 4 weeks total (2 weeks left to go), so I'll I'll count it as a positive.
I still have restrictions on raising my left hand over my head (can pull the leads loose) and 10 lb restriction on the left arm. So putting of returning to work until the beginning of April.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
15962 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2026  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list
Good to hear of your progress. My father lived successfully with a pacemaker for so long it wore out and needed to be replaced.

So - hopefully you have a lot of years ahead of you with that device.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196572 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2163 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Hope things are going well and you're unrestricted in all of your routines, Gilly.
Page 2 of 2   Replies: 16 / Views: 779Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Forums