Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hands Down, Your Favorite Coin

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  02:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add j-win to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It sounds simple but you all know it isn't that simple. If you could pick from all the coins you had, which one would be your all time favorite coin that you own?

For me, I would have to say my 1679 post medieval farthing from the county of Surrey in England, with Charles II on the front. It's not a pretty coin and it's very worn out, but holding a coin from the 1600's just makes me feel like I have my own ancient artifact and some sort of connection with what going on during that period of time in England and the U.S.

What is your hands down favorite coin and why?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1150 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  02:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mitchhailey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You know dang well this is a tough one!

I've got some great ones but my favorite, just on eye appeal, would have to be 1909-P Lincoln Cent in about MS66 (graded by PCI as a 67, but realistically a 66 I think). The coin has this crazy green/purple/blue natural toning around it in all the right places. Its just my favorite coin to look at.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have a look at my avatar
That is my favorite Aussie coin by a long shot
Learn More...
United States
14316 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  04:07 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the coin of my avatar is my favorite

1925 Stone Mountain Memorial Half Dollar

<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Learn More...
United States
16356 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  04:19 am  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would have to be the one I'm most emotionally attached to, my avatar as well, my 1786 Vermont Landscape Copper VERMONTENSIUM Ryder-7.
Why? Pre-Declaration of Independence Post Colonial issue of the Republic of Vermont, with a desire to become the 14th State in the American Confederation. Oh yeah. George Washington may have held this coin at one time

ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Edited by vermontensium
04/11/2012 04:22 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1432 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry guys and gals but I had to pick two. But they are sisters born in the same year.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8602 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  08:47 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Probably my avatar as well, which is the actual coin I own and waited decades to get.
1971 No S Jefferson Proof nickel.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
6094 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pick a favorite? It's like choosing which child or grand child you like the most, tough to do. Many times it's my newest acquisition that is my current favorite but this one always seems to stay close to the top.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My newest favorite is a coin I bought yesterday, a 1953 PF65 Cameo Franklin half.
I bought it out of a slabbed proof set which the dealer broke open and submitted to PCGS for me for individual grading.

Hoping it comes back as a PR65 Cameo again. Will post pics when it is in my hands.
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add j-win to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely magnificent coins all around. That 1786 Vermont Landscape Copper VERMONTENSIUM Ryder-7 is astounding and in great condition!

Jeffrose, That Draped Bust Half Dollar could be my future wife it's so pretty.

Muddler, That 1869 Half Dollar literally left my jaw gaping open.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19171 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I could never make such a decision. If I picked one, a minute later I'd just pick a different one. I'm an Album person so my favorite coin would really be an Album of coins. But then too, even that would be difficult.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2357 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favourite would be this one - again my avatar.

Why - well for a number of reasons - not least is that it's the only one known - and it has survived almost 1800 years in this condition. It's my most favourite coin of my Diadumenian collection.

Province Phrygia
City Docimeium
Size (mm) 30
Weight (g) 13.01
Die Axis 0
Ob. Leg. M OΠEΛ ANTΩNEI "IA"OVMENIANOC K
Ob. Desc. Bare headed, draped and cuirassed bust right
Meaning Marcus Opellius Antoninus Diadumenianus Caesar
Rev. Leg. MAKE-"ON-ΩN "OKIME/ΩN
Rev. Desc. Cybele riding lion, side-saddle, right, holding drum in left hand and sceptre in right hand
Learn More...
United States
84101 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm an Album person so my favorite coin would really be an Album of coins.
Choosing a favourite album would be a much easier task for me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of people favor their avatars (which is a backward statement, really, people just choose their favorite coins for avatars).

There's a chance I'll ever see my avatar on a coin; I highly doubt, though, it'll be my favorite coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7201 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sold my favorite coins too often. But I'd have to say it was probably the MS64RB 1867DDO 2¢ variety I had in 2003. Gorgeous coin and a tough variety in high grade, of course it's about doubled in brice today from what I sold it for.

My favorite coin I almost bought was a Gobrecht dollar pattern, if I had it woud be worth over 10 times what I almost paid for it back in the 1982 maybe even more. But alas, I was just getting started as a dealer then, and the $5k I had to spend bought me a lot more inventory for my business than that Proof Gobrecht dollar pattern, so I went for quantity over quality, learned a valuable lesson then.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8602 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
svslav, I wondered what your avatar was 100 times but never asked, now seems a good time.
I figured it was some sort of fish, then maybe an inkblot rorschach test card so I turned it sideways and it resembles a teletubbie? What is that thing?

My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05