Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2014 Kennedy Half Survey

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  06:50 am Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Survey from the Mint being sent out to some customers:

Quote:
The United States Mint is considering offering a new set in 2014 in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy half dollar. The set would include four reverse proof 90% silver half dollars " one produced in each of the four Mint facilities " in a nice presentation case. The set would also include a booklet with the unique history of this coin that was authorized by Congress just over a month after President Kennedy's death. There would be no production limit for this set. Rather, anyone who is interested in purchasing it would be able to do so during a short open sell window.

The price for this special set will be approximately $77.95.
Learn More...
United States
14155 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  06:56 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would probably get a set.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like another way for the US Mint to get more money out of collectors. I would have to see the designs before I decide to get a set or not.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12395 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please tell them enough with these unlimited mint to demand things. Make the set and put a mintage limit on it
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15753 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They really don't have time to get legislation passed and come up with new designs. I think they are just talking about a reverse proof of the current design from each of the four mints P,D,S, and W.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
899 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Doug58s to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be in for a set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like / approve of the mint to demand policy they seem to now be using for items they think may have a high demand. Every collector who wants one can get one. The only argument against it is that "mine won't go way up in value now so I can make a quick killing" which isn't what coin collecting is about. We should as collectors be buying what we want for our collections, not buying in hopes of quick profits. If that's what drives you, you are a speculator, not a collector. That's fine, but don't pretend different.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29055 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am for the limited minting myself.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
708 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't they at least make copper clad versions for general circulation as well, to possibly breathe more life in the half dollar denomination once again?
Pillar of the Community
708 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just called a customer care representative at the U.S. Mint about this issue, and they said they have never heard of it. Must just be a rumor.
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My survey was worded a little differently...

Quote:
The United States Mint is considering offering a new set in 2014 in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy half dollar. The set would include a clad proof half dollar and a clad reverse proof half dollar - " each will bear a mint mark (P, D, W, or S) reflecting where they were produced, although the final decisions on production locations haven't yet been made. The set would also include a booklet with the unique history of this coin that was authorized by Congress just over a month after President Kennedy's death. The production limit for this set would be approximately 100,000 units.

The price for this special set will be approximately $16.95.
Regardless, I would probably be interested in any set they come up with.

Quote:
I just called a customer care representative at the U.S. Mint about this issue, and they said they have never heard of it. Must just be a rumor.
This is from a Mint survey. There is nothing official yet.
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It almost chokes me to say this (), but I'd be interested.
Pillar of the Community
United States
899 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Doug58s to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll buy that set as well...and still have and have change from my hundred dollar bill.
Valued Member
United States
403 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cjspearsdog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sounds great, I will definitely buy one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1007 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2013  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This:

Quote:
Sounds like another way for the US Mint to get more money out of collectors. I would have to see the designs before I decide to get a set or not.

It's yet another way the mint is trying to make money from collectors. I'd rather them just do a P, D and S mint.
Pillar of the Community
708 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2013  02:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Am I missing something here, or will there also be "circulation" quality bags and rolls made as well? (IF they decide to do the new designs?) Because, then I might be interested, as I think it will help my cause.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05