Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Do You Sell Your Coins?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might give Heritage Auctions or Stack's & Bowers some thought.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3167 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noahs-numismatics to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Other than eBay or an Auction house, I can't help you.

Get yourself this. For a buck, you can't go wrong. I used it to get started and it shows you how to make your account, eBay and PayPal ready for selling. Mind you it is a little old, but it has the information:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-e-bay-O...em1e7a1fba63
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2358 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of people complain about high eBay fees - and they do work out at around 15% when you account for Paypal and perhaps listing as well. However any large auction house selling coins will charge a similar amount and you will probably be hit with a large "photography" fee as well. One very well known one that I approached to sell a few ancients charges $40 per lot to list so your lots would need to be worth $400+ to even make it worth your while. Private sales usually avoid the middle men fees so that's the one to pick if it's an option.
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm always buying , shoot me a PM and i'll make you an offer.

No, you won't - this is in direct violation of the rules.

Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BamaBlue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have sold quite a few items at U.S.A. Coin Book. That is a great site for selling and they only charge a 2% fee when you sell.
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep in mind, guys, the OP is too young to enter into a binding contract, or to legally sell at places like eBay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1716 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Check The_Duke's eBay Listings Check The_Duke's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add The_Duke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In addition to eBay, I have sold on eCrater. eCrater is kinda slow, but a good place to park them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2580 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Check XavierOfGreen's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
flea markets are a great place to start selling if that's what your interested in doing, the costs are usually low to get a table and you often can sell coins at full retail with ease. Its a great way to get experience in selling. You should note though that many places require a license to buy precious metals from the public but few require such a license to sell.
Oldest Found-------
Cent: 1842 (from machine) ---- Three Cent: 1866 [Nickel] (from machine)
Nickel: 1883 (from roll) ---- Dime: 1911 (from roll)
Quarter: 1932 (from machine) ---- Half: 1917 (from roll)
Dollar: 1880 (from machine) ---- Foreign: 1863 (from machine)
Valued Member
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pawpaw34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thaks super dave that made me go back and read the rules again.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Keep in mind, guys, the OP is too young to enter into a binding contract, or to legally sell at places like eBay.

Knowing that it makes me want to say either sell to a shop or get an eBay somehow. Kids dont need to be messing around with the likes of craigslist and meeting strangers on the street for top dollar
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2514 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've made a few purchases on eBid and I like it.

I've had a lifetime membership for years and have just started experimenting with it.

Others are invited to mention any experiences there.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2199 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm mostly a buyer and only sell to support my buying habit. eBay fees are high but are usually worth it. I've tried selling on CCF with limited success but eBay is a huge audience. It takes some courage but I've found that selling with a $.99 starting bid and free shipping works in most cases. Not for bust half dollars for some reason. Maybe someone has some insight about that.
Member ANA and EAC

"You got to lose to know how to win".
Dream On by Aerosmith
Pillar of the Community
1283 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add throwbackid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Blah, Blah

I am so sick of being scolded on this site, no wonder I rarely post here anymore. I only offered to make an offer once he reached the post requirment. Don't worry BOSS it won't happen again.
Learn More...
United States
16356 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your asking him to shoot you an email before he has even reached the 250 post minimum. That's already a solicit to buy. You've been here long enough to know this, yet you still did it.
Don't like it? I suggest you find another forum. Rules are rules!
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Learn More...
United States
14316 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2013  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
throwbackid

I am so sick of being scolded on this site, no wonder I rarely post here anymore. I only offered to make an offer once he reached the post requirment. Don't worry BOSS it won't happen again.

Member are "scolded" only when moderators or administrators feel it's necessary.

Your offer of "I'm always buying , shoot me a PM and i'll make you an offer" can be taken as an offer to buy coins from a user that doesn't have the number of posts that are required.

Your intentions may not have been to violate the rules, but intentions cannot be read through text. We may not agree with some, but every rule has a valid reason.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05