Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wondering About Two $5 Coins

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2015  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Patience, people! The OP said they are working on it. It has not even been 24 hours.
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2015  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ccarroll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, JBuck, for having faith in me. I'm VERY low-tech.

So, okay, I'm going to try to post pictures. As I said, I don't have a camera, but I made color photocopies, then had someone scan the photocopies. Maybe you guys can tell me if you consider this to be a passable image, in comparison with what a camera would have done.

All right...I'm guessing that I'm supposed to click on the "Upload Image."

Oh, no! It's saying the file is too large! And then it sends me to another page that says to start by clicking on "Browse," but there's nothing saying "Browse"! And I'm getting that "Whirling Wheel of Death" like the page is going to freeze the computer!

I'll have to look into this.

Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2015  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ccarroll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, trying again.

I'm getting nowhere.

It says click "Browse," but there's no browse that I can see.

It says it's resizing, but nothing is happening.

It talks about the original width - but width of what? Surely that doesn't refer to the screen image, since the screen imagine changes however the View magnification is set.

I'm going to ask in the Support forum.

United States
41 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2015  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ccarroll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay - trying this. Can't believe how time-consuming it it. Hope it works.

Pillar of the Community
United States
6427 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2015  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those pics are better than the ones before!

I think the 1899 is an f12. Probably just bullion value.
And the 1880 cc? VG08?$480?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4244 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2015  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, good job. Now, maybe some more experienced members can give you grade estimates. I'll take a wild guess and give you VF on both, but I'm probably off.
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2015  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ccarroll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AlphaOmega, even though I have been registered here since 2011(!), the site deems me so new that I'm not worthy to send you an email to say thank you. So instead I'm posting here just to say that I called the place you suggested, American Coin and Stamp, and they were great. And I've talked to quite a few people by now, so I have a good basis for comparison. Many thanks!

Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2015  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Okay - trying this. Can't believe how time-consuming it it. Hope it works.
Your persistence paid off.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7198 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2015  09:17 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, good work
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2015  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ccarroll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Revisiting this...

I'm meeting someone who implied he might consider buying something. I have the 1880 "cc" coin still. I've had dealers offer me around $300, but some of them I later realized, didn't know about the "cc" distinction.

I saw that $480 was mentioned here, but I end up confused with prices because it's not always clear to me what they mean - the price if I insure it, the price a dealer will offer, the price a dealer will sell it for?

My hope, ideally, is to find a collector so that I can price it more more than a dealer would give me, but less than a dealer would charge the collector - so a better deal for both of us. Would $500 be reasonable?

Pillar of the Community
United States
2047 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2015  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1899 is worth $250-300 for the gold content. It's not a collector coin.

The 1880-cc is worth $500-600 retail. I'd grade it "fine". If you listed it at $500 as an eBay buy it now I think it would sell pretty fast.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
10/26/2015 9:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2015  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you listed it at $500 as an eBay buy it now I think it would sell pretty fast.

I have an example I bought on eBay that is comparable to your coin. I was happy to pay $540; yours should easily sell for $500. I'd start it at $600 minimum; if it doesn't sell you can always relist at a lower price.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05