Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992 Close AM Found!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 4,163Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4914 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  3:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to remove YELLING. All capital letters is the internet version of yelling. Please don't do it in titles or posts. ***

My friend on Facebook posted a pic asking if this was a 1992 close am, and by the relief on the reverse, it has the relief of '93 aka the proof reverse.

AU details? I know the picture quality is bad, but I'm sure it's worth sending to PCGS to get graded.

Credit goes to Joe M. of Missouri for finding it & providing images.

You guys tell me what you think. Clearly a large amount of PMD on the obverse, but is it slab worthy? How many are known? I think the 1992 D is the one with little known.

I think this deserves everything if it's authentic...

UPDATE: According to him, he put the coin in a jar and buried it somewhere, so someone else could find it. Don't ask me, I don't know why.
Edited by CoinHuntingDrew
08/06/2015 3:17 pm
Valued Member
Canada
137 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaCoinCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow Nice find that il make him so $$$
Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Very nice find!
Too bad bout the damage.
http://www.PCGS.com/News/1992-p-Clo...ls-For-24056
Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
According to him, he put the coin in a jar and buried it somewhere, so someone else could find it

Did he leave a map?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5828 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
he put the coin in a jar and buried it somewhere

GO FIND IT!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4044 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the pictures this is hard to tell but,
IMOP not a 92 CAM.
Lets see what other CCF members think.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1796 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a horrible looking LMC + after looking at the reverse, I believe it is a wide AM!. I could be wrong, and even if it were a close AM, in that condition I wouldn't send to any TPG Service unless it was SGS, they may grade it a 68,but I don't know if they slab varieties...
Save your money...
My opinion only..
Pillar of the Community
United States
536 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tapapple65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is in bad shape,but to me it appears to be a close am.My opinion any is better than nothing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1796 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just zoomed in on my Tablet where it is easy to post a close-close-up photo (below), and as I move the tablet changing angle's----- it looks like a space between the bottom of the A&M, making it a wide AM...

Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tweak800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I wrote this and rewrote this several times before submitting because I'm trying to be nice . Guys and girls look at the designers initials that will tell you what it is all day without a blink of an eye. Ms 67 red sold for 20,000 it still might be worth being slabbed for authentication . Prob due to damage I don't know what it would bring. But it is painfully obviously a close AM.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5964 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a close AM to me, I'm grabbing my metal detector. I won't make the trip however until I see a mirror image. I trust and verify.
Edited by CoinMasters
08/06/2015 7:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4914 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a close am guys, the reverse relief is a dead giveaway... You guys are used to seeing wams haha
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy wow!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1850 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There can be a space between the A&M and still be a close variety. The telling part is on a wide variety the M is dead center between the A and the E. This is a close variety because the M is to the A side of center.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1796 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2015  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a variety collector unless it is also a error, like a 1998 double strike on a wide AM & 2000 wide AM off center Cents.
I never had or held a 1992 wide AM Cent & thought it would be like the 98-2000 WAM Varieties...
I guess I would have to view a side-by-side photo of both a 92 wide & close Cent showing the difference..
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 4,163Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05