Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992 Close AM Found!

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4871 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  3:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to remove YELLING. All capital letters is the internet version of yelling. Please don't do it in titles or posts. ***

My friend on Facebook posted a pic asking if this was a 1992 close am, and by the relief on the reverse, it has the relief of '93 aka the proof reverse.

AU details? I know the picture quality is bad, but I'm sure it's worth sending to PCGS to get graded.

Credit goes to Joe M. of Missouri for finding it & providing images.

You guys tell me what you think. Clearly a large amount of PMD on the obverse, but is it slab worthy? How many are known? I think the 1992 D is the one with little known.

I think this deserves everything if it's authentic...

UPDATE: According to him, he put the coin in a jar and buried it somewhere, so someone else could find it. Don't ask me, I don't know why.
Edited by CoinHuntingDrew
08/06/2015 3:17 pm
Valued Member
Canada
137 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaCoinCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow Nice find that il make him so $$$
Pillar of the Community
United States
3454 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Very nice find!
Too bad bout the damage.
http://www.PCGS.com/News/1992-p-Clo...ls-For-24056
Pillar of the Community
United States
3454 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
According to him, he put the coin in a jar and buried it somewhere, so someone else could find it

Did he leave a map?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5827 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
he put the coin in a jar and buried it somewhere

GO FIND IT!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4039 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the pictures this is hard to tell but,
IMOP not a 92 CAM.
Lets see what other CCF members think.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a horrible looking LMC + after looking at the reverse, I believe it is a wide AM!. I could be wrong, and even if it were a close AM, in that condition I wouldn't send to any TPG Service unless it was SGS, they may grade it a 68,but I don't know if they slab varieties...
Save your money...
My opinion only..
Pillar of the Community
United States
526 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tapapple65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is in bad shape,but to me it appears to be a close am.My opinion any is better than nothing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just zoomed in on my Tablet where it is easy to post a close-close-up photo (below), and as I move the tablet changing angle's----- it looks like a space between the bottom of the A&M, making it a wide AM...

Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tweak800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I wrote this and rewrote this several times before submitting because I'm trying to be nice . Guys and girls look at the designers initials that will tell you what it is all day without a blink of an eye. Ms 67 red sold for 20,000 it still might be worth being slabbed for authentication . Prob due to damage I don't know what it would bring. But it is painfully obviously a close AM.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3454 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5964 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a close AM to me, I'm grabbing my metal detector. I won't make the trip however until I see a mirror image. I trust and verify.
Edited by CoinMasters
08/06/2015 7:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4871 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a close am guys, the reverse relief is a dead giveaway... You guys are used to seeing wams haha
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy wow!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1767 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2015  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There can be a space between the A&M and still be a close variety. The telling part is on a wide variety the M is dead center between the A and the E. This is a close variety because the M is to the A side of center.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2015  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a variety collector unless it is also a error, like a 1998 double strike on a wide AM & 2000 wide AM off center Cents.
I never had or held a 1992 wide AM Cent & thought it would be like the 98-2000 WAM Varieties...
I guess I would have to view a side-by-side photo of both a 92 wide & close Cent showing the difference..
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05