Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Serial Numbers

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,928Next Topic  

Australia
11 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2015  01:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ignotus to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi

Just wondering if any of these serial numbers are worth more than face value? They are all circulated notes.

Not sure if I should put them aside or spend them.
Also if some are keepers could you also say why. I'm still learning what the different number sequences are called.

Thanks for your help.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4956 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2015  02:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would keep the 06060060, as it is a binary note (only two different digits). The rest are spenders.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6370 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2015  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Australia
11 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2015  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ignotus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, extra spending for me.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5273 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2015  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FC95 115 115 is a 3 digit repeater, but whether anyone would want to buy it is another question.

I'm not into notes much and have let some first prefix go back in the wild lately.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Pillar of the Community
United States
4956 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2015  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it's a keeper- if the 9 was a 1, maybe, as it would go along with the other three-digit parts... I don't know.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3361 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2015  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Numisma - 95 is actually the year of issue, i.e. this 50 dollar note was issued in 1995.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4956 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2015  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh- I didn't know that.
Australia
18 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Burny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

I was wondering if anyone noticed that the 50 dollar note FC 95 115 115 has no name, Edith Cowan is missing.

Just wondering if anyone noticed.
Learn More...
Australia
13733 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2021  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone noticed that the 50 dollar note FC 95 115 115 has no name, Edith Cowan is missing.

This is normal. You'll notice that this note is from 1995, while the others are from 2004-2008. The earliest polymer note series did not print the portrait name in small letters below the portrait.

Occasionally you might see a news article about "counterfeit notes found" with the names missing. The people who write these articles are mis-informed, the notes with the "names missing" are not fake, just old.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1074 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sap is correct, usually just old notes. Its annoying when people use notes that have been in a washer dyer system, changes the texture and size of the notes.

there are fakes of both version with and without signature however higher quality with signatures.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1801 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The names were added to all notes in 2002 I think.

With regards to the numbers, there are lots of things people say to look for but I haven't seen many sell - solid or very low/very high numbers seem to be the most valuable.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,928Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05