Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is Dansco Ready To Release A New 7070 Type Album

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2016  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Afab67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jbuck, I called that store just on the possibility that they would hear something first.

Hello Ham, I am just following up on the first post in the thread. If a dealer said they were coming out and he had placed an order, that's new information to me. I thought it was worth checking out.

I will call tomorrow and find out for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2016  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
84230 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2016  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hi Jbuck, I called that store just on the possibility that they would hear something first.
Good enough.
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2016  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Afab67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, just got off the phone with Dansco. Yes, they plan to make the 7070 again. No, they have not started production yet. No other information available at this time. Sorry folks. Welcome back to limbo.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3464 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2016  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More questions:

1) Will Dansco release the new 7070 before or after the actual YEAR 7070?
2) Will the new Dansco 7070 have slots for 22nd century coins? 23rd century coins?
3) Which happens first - manned mission to Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus or the planet Krypton - or the 7070 is released?
4) Due to inflation, will the new album be called the 8080 or the 9090?

I am sure there are others.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
513 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2016  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Garoyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
7071?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5828 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2016  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eventually, the 7070 will be so rare it will be WORTH $7,070!
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3005 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2016  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1) Will Dansco release the new 7070 before or after the actual YEAR 7070?
2) Will the new Dansco 7070 have slots for 22nd century coins? 23rd century coins?
3) Which happens first - manned mission to Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus or the planet Krypton - or the 7070 is released?
5) Will the new Dansco 7070 have more than 7070 slots for different types?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3188 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2016  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Should I give it a shot and challenge it?

I'm dead certain if I throw all the time I have right now in it - I'll have a prototype design ready before they can even come up with one.

And this is a design I did a while back. Note that I DO NOT own any of the images - hence the picture is in black and white as well as small.

My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
Norway
1358 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2016  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UltraRant to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now, please don't get mad at me. Call me European, but why is it so important to have a ready-made set of cardboard pieces to put your valuable coins in? We have the internet now to find out which coin types existed and we have 3D printing, professional laser cutting and flying spaghetti monster knows which materials and techniques to make something even more flashy ourselves in less time than it takes for Dansco to answer the phone of yet another hopeful future customer... and for probably half the costs, too... Is a completed US type set really worth more if it's put in a Dansco 7070 album?

For none of the things I collect any such Dansco or Dansco-like set exists. It doesn't stop me from collecting my things, though.
Learn More...
United States
84230 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2016  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Manned mission to Mars... or colonization of Mars?

Quote:
Careful! The Intel lawyers have been a bit bored lately.

Quote:
Is a completed US type set really worth more if it's put in a Dansco 7070 album?
No, but it sure looks nice to me.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05