Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your World Radars, Repeaters, & Ladders!

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
4129 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2016  5:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'll start it off with this one, an Iraqi 25 Dinar radar, serial #0600060 -

Colligo ergo sum
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10290 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2016  02:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know there are a ton out there. But I personally have none (yet).

SO, until I do, LC, am I to assume that the "dots" in the serial of your note are equivalent to zeros? If not what are they?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4129 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2016  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...am I to assume that the "dots" in the serial of your note are equivalent to zeros?

That's correct.

Colligo ergo sum
Edited by Lucky Cuss
06/21/2016 08:38 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
96 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2016  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xavierz27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My nearly-but-not-quite example. China, Central Reserve Bank, 10 Yuan of 1940.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
96 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2016  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xavierz27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My other near-miss: Central Bank of Manchukuo 10 Yuan of 1937

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2016  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting topic ... I see a lot of foreign notes
but never thought about checking for fancy #

I will be now
Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2016  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YNumismetals Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@xavier, that 10 yuan from 1940 is still a binary note, though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1275 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2016  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Couple of new ones, radar, of course.
==

==
Pillar of the Community
United States
1275 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2016  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few more for your viewing enjoyment
==

==

==
Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2016  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So they do exist after all

The prefixes on the current series are two-letter, so it's "HO" not "H-zero".

Pity it's such a high face value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4129 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2016  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Happened upon this Nepal 1 Rupee note today. One thing about a radar, it's obvious even ehen the script is unfamiliar (this one being numbered 241142 in Devanagari).

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
4129 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2016  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I chanced across this Peru 100 Intis radar today.

Colligo ergo sum
Valued Member
Canada
88 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2016  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelodeon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool topic & notes. Thanks for posting.

Bedrock of the Community
Canada
11922 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2016  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only have one world banknote with a fancy serial number, which is a rotator.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4129 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2016  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I only have one world banknote with a fancy serial number, which is a rotator.

I hadn't considered that possibility. Very cool.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2016  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How do you look for such serials? Are they advertised as such online, do you search through dealers' stock in person for fancy serials, or do you buy notes in bulk in order to have a chance of finding some fancy serials?
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05