Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Silver - To Sell Or Not To Sell

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 3,217Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2016  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCook to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you decide to sell for melt let me know before you sell them. Maybe we could work out a trade on some of the silver halves. You have a few years/mint marks that I need for my Walking Liberty and Franklin sets.
Valued Member
United States
441 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2016  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mamastinky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the halves dated before 1930, I think you should be able to get a few extra bucks as long as they aren't problem coins, if they grade VF or better.

I am under the impression that for the remaining dates listed, unless it is an exceptional MS coin, you aren't going to get any premium for it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2059 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2016  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your pre-34 Halves (assuming they are G+) along with the 48, 49-S, 53, 56 and 58 dated ones are likely worth a little more than the rest of them.

Out of curiosity, are all of your pre-59 Quarters Phillys? If so, the only ones really worth holding onto are the 1902, 1925 through 1930, 1932, and 1938 dated coins.

The Pre-34 Dimes along with the War Nickel and the Buffalo also are worth keeping.
CRH Nickeloholic. Over 1,000,000 nickels searched in three years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets over that time!
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2016  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add briank to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just called the local coin store today and they were only paying 12x face and approx $15 for common,non cull morgans and peace. Seems low to me.
Valued Member
United States
441 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2016  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mamastinky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look, I can tell you this: for the amount of work you will have to go through to get those few extra $$ for the better dates (based on the list you have given), if you found someone who is willing to give you 14x face right now, you will do well to simply sell it all for that price. It is a really good price at the moment.

..Unless you have the option to hold it long-term; silver made a long-term bottom in January, and should now be on it's way up for the next couple of years. That's a promise.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3770 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2016  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the subsequent information you have provided it seems that the 14x offer you received seems to be fairly decent for quick cash. Unfortunately the coin shops in my area pay considerably lower than that.

You might be able to get a bit more if you sold them yourself on eBay but that would take a lot of effort.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2016  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Derek-HTWN to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For bulk junk silver I put them in rolls and list on eBay with starting bid around or slightly back of melt. I show a photo of the coins displayed in a bourse tray so buyers can get ideas as to what obv and rev look like.
Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2016  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YNumismetals Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you take a picture of your whole silver coins collection that you mentioned? I want to see the haul!
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 3,217Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05