Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

One Dollar Bills, Three Consecutive Gas Pump Serial Numbers

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2016  09:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add kanga3375 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received four consecutive one dollar bills from the auto check out at the store, the last three bills have an offset serial number. I know no premium, just cool!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2213 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2016  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28494 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2016  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is cool and you may get a small premium on the bay.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39471 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2016  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unlikely given the shipping cost, I think.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3897 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2016  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually think a lot of coin shops might post those to a "bid board" at a substantial premium, and likely somebody would pay up. Having gotten them at face, they're absolutely keepers for an individual collector.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
2213 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2016  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I actually think a lot of coin shops might post those to a "bid board" at a substantial premium, and likely somebody would pay up. Having gotten them at face, they're absolutely keepers for an individual collector.

Wait...What ?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39471 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2016  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lucky - If you say so, can't argue, since I am clueless on this sort of thing. Still makes no sense. Numbers bog my mind.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/05/2016 6:47 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
918 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2016  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I, for one like and collect consecutive numbers, but only series 1950 and below.
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2016  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga3375 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found some on eBay. I'm going to keep mine, at face value small investment. The cool thing for me was the consecutive numbers.

How much did the seller put out to have the notes graded, cost vs reward, not much profit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15221992139...RK:MEBIDX:IT
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39471 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2016  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You would think! As an old timer, it's hard to imagine a "stuck digit" or even a succession of them as worth any premium. Sigh.
Indonesia
7 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2017  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SammyHoliday to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice ones
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05