Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How To Buy Coins From Great Southern Coin

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
2435 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  1:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I saw this on the PCGS boards about a $56 coin purchased on eBay turned into a coin with a 40K value. You think the Great Southern Management may be a little upset and trying to figure out what happened? See eBay link below and PCGS grading.
http://www.PCGS.com/cert/83094854

Pillar of the Community
United States
1817 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The two links you've provided do not appear to be the same coins IMHO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1211 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerseyben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Umm... That is the same coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2507 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool. Should turn out good for GS. Make more ppl shop there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7139 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. A lot can be said. Interesting that it didn't bid up higher, and more people didn't recognize it as a proof.
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dual-brain to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crazy... I guess fr every 10k cleaned coins that GSC sells, 1 is a keeper
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gmwatson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those can't be the same coin. What makes you think the eBay coin is the same as that sold by GS?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2435 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The two links you've provided do not appear to be the same coins IMHO.

Do not get caught up on the color as the photos can be a little different. The marks and spots on both photos match. For example, on the reverse the scratch under the T and small round mark above the N. The spots all match on the reverse. It appears to be the same coin.
Edited by Slider23
02/09/2017 2:07 pm
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gmwatson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe the eBay link is incorrect. The obverse has black (carbon spot) at roughly seven o'clock which there's no hint of on the graded coin. Also, there's a decent size nick just to the right of the 'E' in ONE on the reverse that doesn't appear on the PCGS coin.

Check again, eBay photo may be wrong due to link issue.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3565 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMHO .... same coin
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gmwatson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slider,

My bad ... somehow I mistook the link and what I thought it was showing. Having taken another look at the eBay site, I see what you reference. Haven't studied it in comparison, but certainly very similar so disregard my previous comments.
Learn More...
United States
23174 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a lot of doubt being expressed that PCGS graded this correctly as a PR (instead of an MS).
Pillar of the Community
United States
3387 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it doesn't jump out as a proof to me either - although admittedly I am not all that knowledgeable about early proof Lincolns.
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is a lot of doubt being expressed that PCGS graded this correctly as a PR (instead of an MS)

Then that's gonna be one big screw up for PCGS!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1735 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Check jdmern's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jdmern to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are absolutely the same coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
1304 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EFLargeCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
100% the same coin.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05