Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Real Or Fake - Rare Canada 50 Cents Inc 1884, 1888, 1932, Etc. - Part 2

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 3,967Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Canada
277 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2017  7:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
ok here are all the pictures of the reverse's. What do y'all think? real or fake?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1442 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2017  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fake...all of them
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1880 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2017  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yip fake for sure , you should report them in the counterfeit section
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3577 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2017  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
where are these listed.. give us an item number..
Valued Member
Canada
277 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2017  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here's the link:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Canadian-50-...AOSwB-1Y5WvU

eBay item number:162456752797

thanx y'all
Pillar of the Community
United States
1468 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2017  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice catch!

Can't fool experts here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1936 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2017  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are these, cast with a bar of soap?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2017  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What are these, cast with a bar of soap?

NO..because that would more likely be "money laundering"....
Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2017  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hayden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How does one determine if these are fake or not? I am really unsure as ive seen ICCS and PCGS coins literally identical to these coins. The only reason I say this is its a very long story but I'm the sucker that bought a 1871 h an 1888 an 1894 and a 1870 of of this person. And ive pored over every pic available on the net. And I think they are fake but I want to bee sure before I sent them all back.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1880 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2017  10:14 am  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm the sucker that bought a 1871 h an 1888 an 1894 and a 1870 of of this person. And ive pored over every pic available on the net. And I think they are fake but I want to bee sure before I sent them all back.
post decent photos of them here and we can tell you
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9990 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2017  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How does one determine if these are fake or not? I am really unsure as ive seen ICCS and PCGS coins literally identical to these coins. The only reason I say this is its a very long story but I'm the sucker that bought a 1871 h an 1888 an 1894 and a 1870 of of this person. And ive pored over every pic available on the net. And I think they are fake but I want to bee sure before I sent them all back.

They don't appear to have been sold through eBay as a SOLD item.
So if they were bought and paid for outside of eBay ... you would be out of luck. This all smells fishy to me anyway.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2356 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2017  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are the typical counterfeits from China and (with a little 'education') they should be always easily identified as such.

What always strikes me as a dead giveaway is the 'pebbly' texture of the coin.

Look at the coin with a 10X loupe and on the fields and on the high points of the letters are tiny surface irregularities, which I often describe as a pebbly texture.

It's a dead giveaway.

These coins should never be mistaken for the real thing.
Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2017  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hayden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well nothing is fishy except the four coins I bought. Andy 888 posted picks of them. It was a lady who sopposedly inherited a bunch from her dad. She is in her 50's which is irrelevant. Thats how I found this forum. I bought them. Then found out later she had them posted to eBay. And they were removed from eBay. And which point in time she sold them on her online store. My mom saw them and told me. To see if I was interested so I said yes. Then found out they were possibly fake.. because of internet researching them. Then I came across andy 888's post and saw the pics he posted here. So thats how I got here I finally got back my charlton's books back from a friend. And was also able to confirm everyones suspicion they are fake.
Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2017  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hayden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nickleguy has already looked at the 1871 h and jas confirmed it is fake already.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1862 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2017  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hayden contact me for assistance if you wish. Regards Mike M
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9990 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2017  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't confirm anything. I just smell fish. If you paid with a credit card, you best dispute the sale with your credit card company. I sure hope for the buyer that you didn't spend anything like the Buy it now price that was listed. C $250.00 or C $1,500.00 is what the listing says and that the item is no longer available.
The seller seems to be OK in other regards as far as the sales on eBay and feedback goes.
Maybe the seller is uneducated in coins. From the stuff they sold in the past, they look to me to be piecing out low value box lots from public auctions, or selling accumulations from Dad's hoarding.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 3,967Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05