Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1892 Barber Half For Grading  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1538 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  10:44 pm Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What would you grade this? Is it original skin?
Thanks

Some different lighting.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3180 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
au53. very nice
numismatic_student aka CoinNerd
Wanna trade? View my Want List and items for trade: http://coinnerdtrading.blogspot.com/
CoinNerd's Type Set: http://coinnerdtypeset.blogspot.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3285 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The dig on the cheek kinda sucks, but I think it would still straight grade as an AU50 to 53.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1560 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  01:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Original and very attractive. Au-50
Hi, my name is MikeF and I suffer from Seated dollar fever. Starting a twelve step program next week.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  03:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps AU50?

San Fran mint mark is AU50
New Orleans mint mark is AU53 per PCGS.

Nice coin.

"Wisdom is not a product of schooling
but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein
Edited by Coconutjoe
04/21/2017 03:52 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
6692 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going out on the limb here and say it was cleaned a long time ago and has since come back .
Nice AU-55 .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
2976 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  08:37 am  Show Profile   Check Imthealphaomega's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it me or am I seeing an O underneath the tail? I'm at a au55, I see a slight O outline which is probably covered by the dirt and tarnish.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
13275 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pleasing coin, patination quite acceptable.
AU53, there is enough detail in the breast shield to justify the 53.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7039 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-50 and 100% original.
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
United States
4837 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen AU-58 graded examples with more loss of detail on the tail feathers and wing tips. However, the deep patina on this one seems to have muted the luster which should lower the overall grade.

AU-53 seems reasonable, maybe even a bit conservative. Very nice type coin!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1538 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your opinions. I am glad to see that public consensus has this coin in the AU range and most agree that it is original.
I think I may send this in to NGC. I will definitely update you all if I do.
Anyone want to take a stab at what I paid? (Good deal IMO)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11613 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Check IndianGoldEagle's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-50
U.S. coins for sale at my eCrater store http://usn6771.ecrater.com/index.php. Free shipping for CCF members
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18129 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, AU-50.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10573 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3180 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll guess you paid $150.
numismatic_student aka CoinNerd
Wanna trade? View my Want List and items for trade: http://coinnerdtrading.blogspot.com/
CoinNerd's Type Set: http://coinnerdtypeset.blogspot.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2976 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2017  10:55 am  Show Profile   Check Imthealphaomega's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Am I the only one missing the possibility that this may be a 1892 O? I clearly see a mintmark resembling an O in both pics, it's the tarnish partly obscuring it
Edited by Imthealphaomega
04/22/2017 10:55 am
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05