Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Athenian Owl Tetradrachms  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
117 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  10:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MerlinAurelius to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just got a load of Athenian Owl Tetradracms from several different auction houses.
I love these coins.
Check out all these Owls!

Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
117 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MerlinAurelius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgot one.
This is actually a drachm not a tetradrachm

United States
28 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidSV to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW - great group to have!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2559 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is an amazing set of owls. Really impressive. Congrats.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3383 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From a newby to ancients, that's drool material.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
576 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Check flag4's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add flag4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The drool line forms to the right!
Learn More...
United States
19832 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! that is some collection of Owl's. I've wanted one of these for years but never could afford it. Congrats.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1408 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Very nice. I've always wanted one but I'm mostly a US material collector. Maybe someday.
Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
117 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MerlinAurelius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone. Glad to see other people share my passion for the Athenian Owl. However, most of these I bought to sell not for my personal collection.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
12792 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is quite a large investment in the many $ thousands.

Do you intend to add some of them to your collection and perhaps do a study on them, before (I guess) most will be available for re sale?
Edited by sel_69l
05/19/2017 8:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3364 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow! that is some collection of Owl's.

Maybe a "flock" of Owls? That is amazing!
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry VIII
Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
117 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MerlinAurelius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://goccf.com/t/288554#2451249

I believe it is a parliament of owls^^
Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
117 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MerlinAurelius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops I don't know how to quote someone in my post...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3364 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oops I don't know how to quote someone in my post...

No prob--you were close... There are a couple methods, but you can just click on the Switch to Full Reply button and then highlight the text that you want to quote. Finally click on the little button that looks like a page with a red arrow pointing right (second button from the right).
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry VIII
Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
117 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MerlinAurelius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sel_691 yes I want to do a study of the group. And yes they cost several thousand. I have capital to use. And now I have some of the best prices on eBay for these because I buy in bulk.
Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
117 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MerlinAurelius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No prob--you were close... There are a couple methods, but you can just click on the Switch to Full Reply button and then highlight the text that you want to quote. Finally click on the little button that looks like a page with a red arrow pointing right (second button from the right)

I think I got it. Thank you
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05