Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This Real And What Would Be A Good Price For It? Indian Head Gold

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
115 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  6:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add WreckItRalph to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know that it's hard to tell from pictures but would like your guys opinions on this.

Is this real and what would be a good price to pay for it in its condition.

Sorry for the photos those are the ones on the listing.

Thank you

Pillar of the Community
United States
7721 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Images are too blury...if in doubt...don't. I would stay away from it.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Pillar of the Community
United States
4727 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't buy ANY raw gold online unless I had a bullet-proof guarantee from the seller.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16083 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they are the listing pictures, that introduces doubt.
If in doubt.... DON'T.

Even with these pictures, it still looks 'iffy' anyway.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4310 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you want to spend that much money on something without authentication?
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jake the Dog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also looks to be a deep scratch on the reverse which would bother me if it was in my collection.
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WreckItRalph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Assuming it's real and with what we can see from those pics what would you guys think a fair price would be?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4518 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are these the seller's Pics? if they are I would back off!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8253 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ask the seller to send clearer pictures. real clear ones. This is a $700 plus coin when it's authentic so the seller should be glad to try taking better images for a sale like that. Otherwise ... run away.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
2432 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can not grade or determine if coin is genuine from coin's photos, so a value is difficult to assign. I would not pay melt for the coin based on the photos.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3163 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2017  03:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would pass.......you can get slabbed ones for almost close to spot price
Valued Member
United States
324 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2017  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BluegrassRiver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you know the seller? Have you weighed the coin? As Nickel Guy said about $700. But, Gold closed at $1,213 ask per ounce and is on a downward trend this week. You do the math.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6362 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2017  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buy it for melt
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05