Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ex-Lawmaker Gets 21 Years For Coin Ponzi Scheme

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,233Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3778 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2017  7:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Ex-Lawmaker Gets 21 Years for 'End of World' Coin Scheme
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...selling-case

$87 Million is a rather large as Ponzi schemes go. Glad that he will spend his last years rotting in a prison.
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2017  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like some of his family will be joining him soon.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2508 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2017  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I read the article, now I am biting my proverbial lip not to say so many things.....but I want to remain a member....on the greatest coin site on the internet.
Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2017  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add svnhson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The depths some people will sink to... Hopefully the people who were defrauded can get their money back.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3504 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2017  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The really sad thing is that all the people who sent this guy money could have easily bought gold and silver directly from a number of places and not needed to trust anyone. They would have their precious metals in hand, whether or not the end of the world came as expected.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1991 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2017  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I read the article, now I am biting my proverbial lip not to say so many things.....but I want to remain a member....on the greatest coin site on the internet.

I'm with you my friend.
Learn More...
United States
87873 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2017  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Read this last night and thought about posting it here this morning, but I knew someone else would find it.

He will die in prison. I hope he rots.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1144 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2017  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiepb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a scumbag.
To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.

ANA Member since 2007.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10502 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2017  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Your use of religion to gain trust is appalling.

(said the Judge)

Indeed.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2017  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I am glad he'll be rotting in prison for 21 years after what he did. Hopefully, nobody else will try doing similar to this.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16683 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They will, it goes on all the time.

And from the description in the article he wasn't running a Ponzi scheme, just an out right fraud scheme of send him the money and he keeps it.
Gary Schmidt
Edited by Conder101
09/13/2017 6:11 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,233Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05