Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Coin Show On The Shopping Channel With Steve Bromberg

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2660 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2017  9:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The Coin Show on the Shopping Channel with Steve Bromberg is on right now. Will be on again on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Some interesting items. Right off the bat, Steve Bromberg is focusing on the 2018 Big Coin Series. Available only as subscription.

The 5 KG Canada 150 silver coin selling for $10,999 is selling well. He had 14 of them in the beginning and down to 6 now. That coin is massive and Steve is wearing white gloves handling it. Comes with a unique suitcase.

Selling the Colville Goose 5 oz for $1099. Pretty expensive for a coin you could get close to issue price elsewhere.
Edited by MoneyPenney
09/06/2017 9:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3323 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2017  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Other than over hyped, overly expensive and underwhelming values, what's wrong with it (grin)...
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2017  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Burton, its sold on TV! That's what! Stuff like this reminds me of local commercials in 1972, North Carolina, a jeweler says he doesn't want to toot his own horn, but reaches down and squeezes a bicycle horn anyway...

And yet mankind is...evolving....

Edited by Crazyb0
09/07/2017 12:05 am
Valued Member
Canada
406 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2017  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinsplus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint is getting rediculous with these kilo coins. Now try getting that 5 kg coin slabbed by PCGS.

The mint is only helping people launder their money.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
631 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2017  02:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We call him Fumble Fingers. Did he drop the 5kg?
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2855 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2017  06:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 5Kg silver is being sold for $68 Canadian per ounce, only triple bullion. I wonder what another dealer would offer if it was sold to them?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3323 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2017  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crazyb0: Absolutely... people watching is still the most fun you can have for a $0 investment. Just don't get whiplash shaking your head...
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2017  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a very nice TV, and I wouldn't want to throw things at it if I watched that show.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
792 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2017  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not bought from that show but I think we should cut him a little slack - he is doing no different than the Canada Mint - selling pretty trinkets which have not too great a chance of increasing in value but fun for some people to collect.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3690 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2017  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CC-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We call him Fumble Fingers. Did he drop the 5kg?

Last night, they dropped a Voyageur big coin about a foot onto a table.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2017  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cringed when Steve dropped that big coin.

What do CCFers think about the 5 cent and $1 collections on offer? Tough to see the coin details on my smallish TV.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
631 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2017  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 drops last nite. The big coin and one of the provincial silver/coloured set.

The nickle and dollar sets they offered looked nice, but I don't know about the price they want.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
893 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2017  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Alex A

I thought the 5 cent and 1 dollar collections were pretty awesome!! I have no idea of what their true value is; however, I am sure that it takes a lot of years and work to put those two collections together that is for sure.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2660 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2017  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Coin Show will be on tonight.
Valued Member
Canada
203 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2017  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"This is substantial."
Valued Member
Canada
92 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2017  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add quasarito to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Five (out of ten that were available) Voyageur Big Coins were sold during the show at $899.95 when they are still available at issue price from Gatewest & Canada Post.

Let's see if they sell out in the second segment.
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05