Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Silver Eagle uncirculated original presentation boxes  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  12:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Canoeman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am looking for original presentation boxes for Uncirculated Silver Eagles before 2006. I have already 1988 through 1996 and I am looking for just one for each year for my personal collection. If anyone knows someone that has or sells these please let me know. Thanks JBP
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19759 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Have you checked eBay?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4959 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Search eBay for:

silver eagle box only
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1150 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
45641 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

I moved your post to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12407 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The US Mint did not sell individual uncirculated Eagles prior to 2006, that year saw the debut of the West Point-minted burnished Eagles. The only boxes you will find are generic non-US Mint boxes or boxes that were used for the proof issues.
ANA R-3151318
Pillar of the Community
United States
8781 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Biokemist nailed it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3765 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup only non-proof ASE's were bullion prior to 2006..no boxes

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7448 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

-- if you have 1988-1996 non-proof ASEs, those must be bullion.

Have you thought about an album instead of purchasing boxes?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  05:27 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another thought is to buy the 2011 ASE presentation box (the 25th Anniversary wooden box set that hold 5 coins each). I bought like 10 of these boxes for this purpose, but still haven't have the chance to implement my plan and they have been sitting in the garage.....
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
923 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guys, y'all forgot about the bullion boxes that the mint sells for bullion ASE's.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american...0284&start=1
Unfortunately, they don't seem to offer the capsules that are the correct size for the boxes. I'm not sure why they think anyone would purchase them like that.
Edited by Bret
09/14/2017 3:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
923 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just found a picture from eBay of one of these in use. Turns out they you'd just put the coin right in it without the capsule.

So if you don't mind tarnished silver eagles, then that's your solution.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05