Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Slightly over graded Standing Liberty Quarter at auction  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6266 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2017  11:39 pm Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1920 NGC MS-64 Standing Liberty Quarter

Signature:
Sign Here
X ____________________________
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6541 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2017  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NGC I like the MPN 40179
Edited by edweather
09/24/2017 11:48 pm
Valued Member
428 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2017  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Check throughtheireyes's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add throughtheireyes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a definite "not as described" auction...
"Tis a lesson you should heed:
Try, try, try again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try, try again."

Thomas Haig Palmer
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely "slightly" over-graded.

"Wisdom is not a product of schooling
but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

I have a CONTEST going on right now! Win CCF Token, Morgan or Peace dollar, and Franklin half.

http://goccf.com/t/301981
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
13358 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  03:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would agree that it is just a tad over graded.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7290 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  06:19 am  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to see the holder it is encapsulated in.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1785 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  09:30 am  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But who could pass up an MS-64 for only $50?
Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
United States
4578 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In this case, "MS 64" means MiSsing 64% of the details.

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin_Operator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it's an MS63...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13224 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it might have been at one time......

MS-64 thst is, not NGC MS-64. I don't think it was anywhere near MS-64 by the time NGC showed up.
Gary Schmidt
Edited by Conder101
09/25/2017 1:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6825 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't look like it's in any slab at all .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10520 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 feedback, as a buyer. So green they're yellow.
Learn More...
United States
23395 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the record, I messaged the seller on the off chance they have no idea what either "NGC" or "MS-64" means. Stranger things have happened. We'll see what comes of it; I'll give him 24 hours.

Oh, and TNG, you're a master of understatement.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
915 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chesterb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you sure it isn't just weakly struck
Valued Member
428 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Check throughtheireyes's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add throughtheireyes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are you sure it isn't just weakly struck

yeah yeah that's it!
"Tis a lesson you should heed:
Try, try, try again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try, try again."

Thomas Haig Palmer
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18989 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Contacted seller and eBay as well, no reply yet.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05