Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Feeling Pretty Satisfied.... Completed Series  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
2540 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  11:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Been collecting for a long time now and I spent some time revisiting my entire collection. I've completed more series than I actually thought.

Flying Eagle cents
Jefferson nickels
Roosevelt dimes
Washington quarters
Franklin half dollars
Kennedy half dollars
Peace dollars
Eisenhower dollars
Susan B. Anthony dollars

I'm close on the following series

Coronet Head Large Cents (needing 2 coins)
Braided Hair Large Cents (needing 1 coin)
Lincoln Head Cents (needing 1 coin)

ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6026 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  12:12 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive and congratulations!
Signature
Sign Here X _______________________
Pillar of the Community
United States
2540 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks TNG!
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19961 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  04:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive and congrats on having a fine collection
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
11247 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  04:41 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good collection. Except for coins for my type set, I have not tried any Large Cent sets.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating two dollar bills
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4076 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice work @srs77!
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry VIII
Pillar of the Community
7518 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! Does revisiting mean more photos?
Member SSDC
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
13112 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Complete the set?
Where to from here?

I decided to move into an area of numismatics, where it is impossible to complete the set.

I moved into ancients thirty years ago.
I never left this area.
My learning curve is still steep.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6026 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  08:20 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let me guess the four you need
1909 S V.D.B.
1821, 1822 and 1857 Large Cents
Signature
Pillar of the Community
7518 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TNG, I think you mean 1823...
Member SSDC
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6026 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  09:19 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are correct, I did mean 1823. Fumbling finger malfunction.
Signature
Pillar of the Community
United States
2540 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TNG, indeed you are correct, 1821, 1823, 1857 and the 09-s vdb.
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2540 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dave, yes quite possibly some new photos. I may start with the large cents...
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Pillar of the Community
Norway
1244 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UltraRant to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
congrats on completing so many sets! And good luck on completing the others mentioned!
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
Pillar of the Community
7518 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's one (of many) series I've yet to photograph. Last year I picked up a Library of Coins Large Cent album vol. 2, I think it runs from 1818 to 1857. I took all my LC's out of the 2x2's I had them in and put them in the album. I waaaas right where you are, lacking '21, '23 and '57. Now I have more empty slots than filled due to the many varieties included in the album..

Time for me to get pickin'
Member SSDC
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin_Operator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! Very satisfying indeed. I've completed a few sets and invariably I start thinking of upgrading! One day I'll have that BU Franklin set!

It's the journey that makes it worthwhile (though some of the destinations are pretty nice lol).
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.74 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05