Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Completed my 900 mile move, collection is back together.  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11620 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  9:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

As some might remember, I have been moving to a new location,
and was very worried about moving my coin collection.

I am happy to say that my collection seems to have made it.

Most of it has made it to one room, much of the better stuff
are in the local safe bank boxes. And there is a least one
more box of coins waiting to be unpacked ...with many other
unpacked boxes.

I am hoping before I decide what to do with my collection,
I can do a complete inventory .. which is something I have always
wanted to do.

Right now the collection is sitting on some old shelves that
were left in the house. We are working on making a more
secure room and moving my safes into that room. I do hope
to reduce the size of my collection ... just not sure how
to do that right now.

Here is the mess I am working with now.

I have tried to keep up with what CCF members have been posting
and hope that now I am in my new house I can try to post more.

I feel like I am entering a new stage of coin collecting, but
I am not really sure what that will be.
GoldRush58 - GR58
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7518 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And there is a least one more box of coins waiting to be unpacked ...with many other unpacked boxes.

Sounds like you unpacked the coins before the dishes--nice to have your priorities straight.

Welcome back--glad the move went well!
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15470 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great to see your move was successful. That is a wall of coins.

Inventory on that might be a huge but enjoyable job.

Now we need photographs as you do your inventory
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1051 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, GR. That is a pile! Happy the move was successful. Have fun getting things sorted in the new system.

One thing that is interesting to me. Looks like you have more money tied up in Danscos than I have in my whole collection. Sorta puts things into perspective for me. The size of some collections represented on this forum is astounding!
Still gathering small piles of copper and silver.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1445 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad the move went well. Looks like quite a project to inventory... but definitely a fun one.
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United States
2739 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the successful move. I can NOT get over the size of your collection. It would take me months to sort through that hoard.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1328 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would be so fun taking a month off to look at all those coins and make an inventory.

Never seen that many Dansco albums by a single collector

"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

If you SEE a post milestone, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10K+, click below.
http://goccf.com/t/316031#2688706
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7336 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  02:14 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One thing that is interesting to me. Looks like you have more money tied up in Danscos than I have in my whole collection.

Same here.

But, having only been collecting for a little over a year, what can I expect? It's not a race.

Glad the short move was successful and it seems everything made it safely!
Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22947 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad the move went ok. I have moved a lot in my time and seem to loose or break at least one item every time . I had a thought on storing your collection,high quality lockable metal file cabinets
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1375 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  07:29 am  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good rule of thumb is 3 moves is equivalent to a fire. Glad everything made it.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Learn More...
United States
57780 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So happy you made it!

Hopefully your inventory and reorganization goes well. Take your time and try to enjoy it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3369 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you made it, now you are only 6 hours from the Great White North.
Please feel free to view my Gallery
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11620 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all ....

We got a few inches of snow today .... not going anywhere. Guess I will
work on organizing coins ... or figuring out a good spread sheet to use.

Not sure how I will work inventory for the better coins in the bank boxes.
GoldRush58 - GR58
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8347 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back, GR58, and congrats on completing the move successfully.

Looking forward to your posts and photos again.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16655 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you wasted a lot of time moving all that stuff. You could have saved a lot of trouble and time by just calling me to come over and take what I need or want. That would have decreased what you have by about 50%. And I would have left you with all the books, proof and uncirc sets, except the Red Books, which I collect. I would have removed all those room space taking items like Albums. See how thoughtful I am?
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
4073 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you and your collection made the move without incidences GR58.

But I'm gonna miss you living in FL.
Looks like you have enough inventory to open a coin shop up there!
Good Luck to you! My collection is minuscule in comparison to yours
and my goal in 2017 was to inventory and photograph.
And no, I didn't finish. Maybe 50%
Hopefully I will finish it this year.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05