Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I just won another Nero today  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

181 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  7:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Matt2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just won another Nero today v

Bronze AE-As. Rome. Temple of Janus.

I never had any Neros before. Now I am up to 3- maybe 6 by the end of this week!

I actually ID'ed it all by myself

actually found the thing here.

RIC 537 ( I think)

Next I will be tying my own shoelaces!

Hows it look guys?
Edited by Matt2018
02/11/2018 10:06 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14680 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations. That's a nice chunk of metal. Obvious portrait too.
Valued Member
181 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matt2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks moxking ,. Something about Nero I like- just the infamy of the man- the look at this fat insane monster-

The 2nd beast in the Book of Revelations was Emperor Nero
Learn More...
United States
21111 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin, you must like Nero.
Valued Member
181 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matt2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
echizento, yea. hes like the antichrist. He is said to have martryed both Saints Peter and Paul, burned rome( rumored to have done it so he can rebuild it in his own image)

Quite a historical figure
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add travelcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Matt, nice pick up again. I was on that kick too.

Here is my Nero Tetradrachm and AE

Love these coins -
Valued Member
181 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matt2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks travelcoin . those are pretty cool too.

what coin is that first one?You sure thats genuine?

Nero really gained weight fast didnt he?! Guess there wasnt an atkins diet back then huh!
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add travelcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah it's genuine (I hope). I had doubts because that one is faked a lot. But we scrutinized it here on this forum and I had someone I know look at it also.

BTW check out the thumbnails on wildwinds, he isn't always depicted as a chubby lunatic!
Edited by travelcoin
02/11/2018 9:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6904 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pick-up @TC!
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3291 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done, Matt. Congrats.
Valued Member
181 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matt2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks bob,spence

travel yeah I saw th em. actually I have one before he let himself really go. Dude needed to do some situps later on in life.
Valued Member
181 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matt2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
travel,I hope that one is genuine too. Something about the impressions into the metal and the nose are bothering me though. Might want to ask some of the experts on here for some advice on it just to make sure.
Valued Member
181 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matt2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
omg I just won 4 more nero coins!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3291 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL. Real time auction results coming in. Congrats.
Valued Member
181 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matt2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks bob. ill show you some of them all later!
Canada
28 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Claudius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
excellent pick ups... what auction site are you using? eBay scares the crap out of me.
Would love to find a reliable auction site with a lot of traffic.... thx!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05