Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Taking A Break From The Forum For A While

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1609 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  7:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The newfound stress from school / homework has made it impossible to maintain the forum activity I displayed for the last few months. After christmas, the teachers started to lay the homework on heavily, and I've simply can't be as active in the hobby. I'll still post every now and then, but I will not be as active as previously. I'll most likely pick it back up towards the end on the school year, when homework / class stress subsides substantially.
I love this forum but honestly have lost interest due to small budget, school / stress, and lack of knowledge (topics I feel comfortable responding to.) I still have my tiny collection and I still consider myself interested in the hobby, but again, I'd like a break. I guess this is my temporary goodbye for those who were wondering where I've gone. I'd guess I'll be back within 3 months or so, if not sooner.
Edited by RoyCoinBoy
02/22/2018 7:30 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31995 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the heads up, otherwise some of us might worry. School first, numiatics is a hobby. Chime in when you can so we know your ok.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
633 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Illegaltender to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good choice, don't abandon your hobbies but know your priorities. I'm in the same boat, as are many of our members with work, family, and school. We'll be here when you have the free time!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think every hobbyist has taken a break from time to time. I've done it many times. Take care of your business and come back when you can!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A break from the hobby helps put everything into perspective. Best of luck on your school work.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8472 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have gotten in and out of the hobby, it isn't that long til you get back in the swing of things.
See you around like a donut. Don't be a stranger.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
2514 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bah, you think you have a lot on your plate. You should run for class office. It is disruptive to get your girl pregnant. Family problems can be extremely distracting. Don't get busted. For anything. Don't just stand there and watch somebody else do something stupid/illegal.

OK, I never ran for class office, but get ready to roll with the punches. Stay focused, even if your priorities have to change. Don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff.

Remember to thank your parents, if they're around.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44874 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Get back soon!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
565 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hear this more and more. I don't agree with all this home work. The growing mind needs time to check out and relax.

Compact the school day and do the max work with the actual teachers present instead of parents trying to do the teaching at home.

I agree with school is more important, but I would suggest breaks and relax time are a key to focusing. Good luck and don't worry CCF will still be here waiting for your return. Unless the SPAMMERS get us....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1856 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As the spouse of a college instructor, I can understand how you may not have a lot of free time.
Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6775 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fully understand ... take care of your school needs first.

We'll be here when you get back.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1609 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been thinking over this probably more than I should have. I've decided that while it is somewhat because of school, I feel its more about awkwardness and sociality. I'm in the infamous awkward years and seem to be drifting to the social norm. Being one of two coin collectors in a 1200 person school, one can see where this is headed. I still like coins and such, but less than before. Even though, due to what I've been experiencing as a fairly sad farewell, I suppose I may be back sooner that thought. It could be as much as 3 months until I'm posting regularly, or it may be as little as a week or two. Thanks for the responses.

(I agree with TheBurnz, this is my first year without a break in the schoolday and that may be taking a minor toll)

I want to remind that I am not feeling depressed or awful, just stressed enough to infrequent my visits.
Edited by RoyCoinBoy
02/23/2018 8:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
930 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a recent grad, I sympathize with your situation. I had to step away from the forum during my last semester so I could focus on school/work, so it's important to keep that as a top priority over collecting. I would advise to stay involved in the hobby, even if it doesn't involve purchasing anything, and even if there's few numismatists in your sphere. I didn't know any collectors (and still don't), but CCF helps fill the void. Stay strong, and good luck with your schooling! You've got this
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for letting us know what's going on with you.

You might find that your break from the hobby lasts for a long time. A lot of people start collecting coins when they were kids and had to put the hobby on hold because of school and work, etc. You can always come back.

I urge you to safely store the coins that you have. You'll enjoy seeing them again some day.

Best wishes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1609 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another plot twist: I actually feel that this "goodbye" has strengthed my activity on the forum. I may have already taken my break without announcing it, and this announcement may be of my arrival. Thank you all again for all of the supportive responses, but I feel that I may not be leaving after all.

I became fairly inactive in january and early february, due to aforementioned homework piling. It's honetly eased off and I feel that my original view on this subject may have been just plain pessimistic.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 9.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05