Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Older Notgeld Collection Acquired

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
3965 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  7:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well, I really took the plunge into this genre with the purchase today of two albums crammed full of around nine hundred notes, virtually all of which are clean and crisp.

Here's what the albums look like:

Here's the first page of each album:

Now here's the tease - to keep this thread manageable, with questions and comments able to be readily associated with a specific image, my plan is to post two such pages more or less weekly.

Colligo ergo sum
Edited by Lucky Cuss
03/21/2018 7:08 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2727 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a large notgeld collection including a number of catalogues in German. My collection kind of stalled a few years ago due to the fact that I have to get them from Germany now.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Liberty Belle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Am eager to see rest of collection. An auction site I checked listed some of the notes for an impressive amount.(not necessarily the notes pictured so far). I guess it depends on the year and overall availability of a specific note as well as condition. Congratulations!
Edited by Liberty Belle
03/22/2018 1:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
992 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paxbrit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a very good collection, with complete series and nice grades, you did good.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3965 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One more image before I settle into the two pages posted per week routine. This is the last page of the second (bottom) album. The other album's last page is unused.

Colligo ergo sum
Edited by Lucky Cuss
03/23/2018 3:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2727 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2018  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@lucky Cuss, I put all mine in archival photo album pages (the type that is fully transparent), so that I could see them completely and on both sides. the type for 4 6x4 fit the vast majority of Notgeld.

I got the Albums at Walmart, but do not know if they are still sold there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3965 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2018  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whatever the paper it is that these pages was made from, it seems quite inert and hasn't adversely affected the notes at all over the years (at least insofar as I can tell). A handful of oversized ones were inexplicably placed in the uppermost tier where, sticking out beyond the top of the page as they did, suffered some slight edge damage.

At the moment I'm not contemplating moving them out of these albums, which to me are part of the charm of this collection as found. I do have the advantage in this regard of living in a climate where humidity on the whole is very low.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
3965 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2018  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Colligo ergo sum
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10110 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2018  12:14 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are definitely interesting and it looks like a great set from what I can see.

I can't be tempted into those just yet.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2018  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Liberty Belle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10063 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2018  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow... so looking forward to the biweekly installments. Every time I see these amazing notes I want to get into collecting them. Like spruett, I have to bide my time on this one; too many other irons in the fire already but I will enjoy living vicariously through you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3965 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2018  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...looking forward to the biweekly installments.

I think I'm in fact going to accelerate my previously stated schedule to more like twice a week. So here's the next couple pages (working through the uppermost album at this point).

Colligo ergo sum
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10063 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2018  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are so cool. Do you have any favorites? Perhaps you could post one or two close-ups of your favorites per page?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10110 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2018  01:32 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some full note shots of a couple favorites would be nice.

I have semi-started on the metallic side of Notgeld, but these paper versions definitely interest me.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
3965 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2018  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Perhaps you could post one or two close-ups of your favorites per page?

The sheer quantity is really overwhelming insofar as my picking out any favorites just yet. The fact is that I'm really intrigued by an awful lot of them at this point, and I don't want the thread to get too unwieldy. However, as I continue posting these by pages, in the intervals I'm deliberately leaving between them, I'd certainly entertain (and rather anticipated that there would be) requests to get a better look at particular issues that are spotted.

In the meantime, here's another batch of them.

Colligo ergo sum
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2018  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quite some haul you got there, would have loved to have that! If you ever want to unload any extras, here I am! I just started collecting Notgeld script and Porcelain coins, plus the currency of European nations of the time after WW1.

Lucky, do you know of a resource that has ID info on these?

Here"s mine, haven't got to organizing them yet.

Edited by Crazyb0
04/04/2018 01:06 am
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05