Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

WW2 Sunk Ship San Franciso First Mint 100 Dollar Bills

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Philippines
5 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  12:03 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Noypi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been idle for years now but someone offered me this bill just the other day. I dont know the whole story its just he said there's more if you are a sure buyer.

I am not interested ofcourse since I'm not expert on this and I dont know if its real or if it is legal.

he said it came from WW2 sunk US ship. its the share of his grandfather I dont know. see pictures sent to me.

Philippines
5 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  12:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Noypi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
forgot to say. he told me he got all the certificates on the bills
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9816 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  12:10 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
he told me he got all the certificates on the bills

I'm not sure what that means. Are there pics of the "certificates", too? What is he asking for it?
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Philippines
5 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  02:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Noypi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
he is selling 1 pc for triple the face value
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9816 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  03:25 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In that case, I would advise staying away.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
1546 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  03:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless he has a COA (Certificate Of Authenticity) and or some kind of documentation that it came from a sunken ship, I wouldn't even look twice. Even with COA I'm not so sure that it would be worth $300 but I'm no expert by a long shot.
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory Of Those Members Who Left Us Too Soon.....

My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4234 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you made the right choice in avoiding this. I certainly wouldn't pay triple face even if it is real, as Tootallicious said.
I would be surprised if paper money could survive in a shipwreck unless is was somehow protected. That sure doesn't look like it's spent decades underwater.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4488 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks counterfeit to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2132 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was about to comment the same....note looks spurious.
Pillar of the Community
United States
749 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That definitly sounds like a scam if Ive ever heard one.
Lincoln Cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Indian Head cents - 14 Holes / Jefferson nickels - Done / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes / V nickels - 6 holes / Shield nickels - 5 Holes / Roosevelt dimes - Done / Mercury dimes - 2 Holes; 1916D/1921P / Washington quarters - 8 holes / Standing Liberty quarters - 10 Holes / Barber quarters - 34 Holes / Kennedy halves - 7 Holes / Walking Liberty halves - 30 Holes / Franklin halves - 18 Holes
Other works in progress - 7070 / Canadian Cents / Canadian Nickels / SBA & SAC Dollars / Pres Dollars
Pillar of the Community
United States
2609 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not even a genuine bill. Not even close. Looks like it was printed off of someone's printer in their basement.
Pillar of the Community
United States
636 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lettow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see you are in the Philippines. Lots of scams have surfaced based on money and bonds that were supposedly found recently that were hidden during the war. This appears to be one of those scams.

I would also like to see a copy of the "certificate".
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37947 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me too. Certainly sounds like a scam. What's the reference to San Francisco, anyway?

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
05/03/2018 3:45 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05