Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A slab ripoff on a 1910s lwc  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

United States
76 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  9:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add stevieb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was speechless when I got my coin back from PCGS

I just thought that I should pass this on. Everybody that I showed this cent concurred that there was a s mint mark. Grant you it was really to see but it was there.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15670 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What was PCGS determination?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8639 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A slab ripoff on a 1910s lwc

Your pic is of a 1969-S LMC?
ANA #R3154474
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15670 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eye4Error to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly...
Pillar of the Community
United States
5002 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don’t understand.....I think you posted the wrong photo.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
United States
9305 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why in the **** would you submit a worn semi-key date with a real world value of less than $15 to the most expensive TPG around? That is senseless? Even if there was an S there it may be considered a cull, non-gradable as is. If they slabbed it at all, it would be quite the ripoff!

Oh, and BTW, after I let all the blood drain from my head from standing on it to see the OP pix, it seems to be an erroneous photo or description of MD on a 69S.

Edited by Crazyb0
05/16/2018 10:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7579 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We need clarification, stevieb. There seems to be a mistake here somewhere.
irony n. the opposite of wrinkly

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
3711 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please review what you wrote vs what you pictured.....two entirely different things.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10360 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  01:31 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is very confusing. The topic title says 1910 S when the pictures come from a 1969 S.
Errors and Varietys, the CCF 911 responder and helper. ;-)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
31296 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  01:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait for the next orbit. Then he will fix it. Not everyone is as addicted to the forum as us.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10360 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  01:56 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha Coop! You're right about that. We're pretty addicted to this forum, but in a good way. :-)
Errors and Varietys, the CCF 911 responder and helper. ;-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2569 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The photo is correct. The title is wrong.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1880 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve199 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only 1969-S cent would have been a proof.

That doesn't appear to be a proof in the picture. So I *think* the issue with PCGS is whether the "S" MM is legit or not.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2569 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The only 1969-S cent would have been a proof.

I don't think so.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
27392 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How goofy can this thread get?
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05