Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mega Red 4th Edition - Who's Buying?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10113 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  12:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I want to but I don't have any room on my shelf for this behemoth. I haven't bought any since the 1st edition but the expanded 10-cent section does pique my interest.

Who's buying this?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3532 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  08:25 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MEGA RED: A Guide Book of United States coins, Deluxe 4th Edition
https://www.whitman.com/store/Inven...-4th-Edition

1504 Pages!?!

That is a behemoth!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
06/05/2018 1:21 pm
Learn More...
United States
22690 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  09:04 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2nd edition is 1,504 pages, and is very heavy. They use dense high quality paper. Weighs way more than my Krause catalog of world coins.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ordered a week ago. I bought directly from Whitman.

Given the choice between the Monster Amazon and anyone else, even for a buck or two more, I buy from anyone else.

Can't wait to see it.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nemlas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My coin club got them at 40% off and offered top members.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3532 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@moxking

Quote:
Given the choice between the Monster Amazon and anyone else, even for a buck or two more, I buy from anyone else.

I agree. It was the first that popped up on my search.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
6127 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last year I got mine for 6.95. I stumbled upon it by accident right before Christmas. I may try and repeat it again this year.
http://goccf.com/t/303368

This year, if it happens, I will know to buy extras for CCF members.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9045 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to pick one up for my library...

Quote:

I'm the same way with the death star Wally World..
Member SSDC, TNA
Pillar of the Community
Canada
552 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have my copy, Excellent book. and very in depth Dime section. Very Happy.
Learn More...
United States
78501 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Last year I got mine for 6.95. I stumbled upon it by accident right before Christmas. I may try and repeat it again this year.
I almost forgot that! Thank you for reminding me so I can take a look next time I am over that way.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18665 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2018  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I want to but I don't have any room on my shelf for this behemoth. I haven't bought any since the 1st edition but the expanded 10-cent section does pique my interest.

Same for me. I have the first edition of that book and only use it for a place on a shelf. Haven't opened it yet.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1303 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2018  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Check murty's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Same as JUST CARL :)
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  01:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Johnathan55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the Third edition, loved that book. I bought it more for the history lessons on US coins than anything else, and it was really worth the read.

...That being said, for anyone thinking about buying this book and has never owned one, small word of warning:

At nearly 7 pounds, you're gonna get a workout reading this book! And unfortunately, there is no e-book version as of yet. (for reasons unknown.)

I was thinking about getting the 4th edition, Is the only difference the slightly updated coin prices and the expanded section of dimes? Did they add any more to the histories sections?
Pillar of the Community
United States
6127 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
about the history section, otherwise I don't even open a Red Book.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Check ngs428's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ngs428 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I asked my local library to order it for their collection. They did! I was not aware of the size until I picked it up.

Wow! Nice full color print!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10113 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Johnathan55 - great visual.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05