Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do you guys think this 1928 $500 was a good buy?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  6:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MaxVCad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pulled this on eBay just now, very excited as I've been looking for a 1928 San Francisco $500 for a while now. This one seemed to be priced well to me, what do you think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1928-500-F...ig_cvip=true
Pillar of the Community
United States
8764 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To paraphrase the movie..."You can't Handle what I think!"

No expert on high dollar bills, just seems a lot, way over my ability! Moxking or SteveinTampa may help!

Pillar of the Community
United States
3664 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to say if 1100$ was too much. Sometimes you have to pay up to get what you have been looking for.

If YOU like it is really all that matters.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26596 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems high to me.
Edited by Coinfrog
06/16/2018 7:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1364 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It sold 13 years ago for almost $1,400, so if youíre happy thatís all that matters.
I donít necessarily care for the holder, but you can fix that. Looks like you were the only bidder.

https://currency.ha.com/itm/small-s.../362-16486.s

Edited to add, Five years ago, the number on the holder was the most important factor to me. Since then, my expectations have changed. Now itís more important for a note to have original paper, regardless of the grade. You pay more for similar graded notes with EPQ/PPQ, but to me itís worth the additional expense.
Edited by SteveInTampa
06/16/2018 7:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2482 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see you chose the BIN option. It may have been worth bidding on it instead. But if you like it, that's really all that matters.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15494 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Average to slightly high price for that condition range.

It took me almost two years to find one I liked, so they can't be considered too common.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26596 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
3421 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have only one pricing source and $1100 appears to be about right.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2018  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MaxVCad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve - That's crazy you found this note in an auction from 2005! Wow! I don't care for the holder either.. It's almost like a coin holder. I'll probably pull it out of that and protect it in one of my standard currency sleeves so I can mess around with it for a bit. That's what I do with my stuff but I'll probably get it all graded if I ever sell.

Seller actually had the note at a BIN of $1,250 which I thought was about fair market. I messaged him and said if he lowered it to $1,100 I'd BIN. Looking at other auctions, like the one below, I felt that $1,100 would be a good enough price for me. The note below seems to be in much worse condition to me and since I live in CA I would've had to pay $75 in taxes on top of the winning bid, making it the same price as the note I bought.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1928-500-F...372334595606

I'm hoping it looks good in person, it looks pretty nice in the Heritage Auctions page you found Steve. 30-35 seems like the sweet spot for me where I get a good price but also get a pretty crisp note with good eye appeal.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05