Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1939-D Jefferson nickel - please grade.

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6888 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  3:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just won this off of eBay today to upgrade the circulated one I have in a Dansco. Can you put a grade on it from the sellers pictures? - just wondering what it may grade. Thanks

"I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I have to buy something."

Working on a Dansco 8166 Kennedy half album. 131pcs ,of 160 total, so far
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say MS-65. Very nice upgrade!
Searching for some US modern coins (cents through dollars) via my want list.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1432 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vey nice Mark! I'm not very accurate when it comes to grading so I'll sparboth of us in not attempting to do so. But it looks like a beautiful upgrade
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7527 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a type 2 and might make MS65. ( and I can't grade a second graders math test )
On the left of most every CCF page, I am trying to remember to use CCF Partners links. They are highlighted in lime green!
It helps CCF a little. Try it!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6888 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's a type 2

So type 2 is reverse of 1940?
"I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I have to buy something."

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29633 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good shot at 65, very attractive.
Edited by Coinfrog
06/24/2018 6:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6888 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well thanks everybody for the possible 65 grade. I offered the guy $40, Free S&H, and he took it. Looks like it might be a slightly good deal!

Pillar of the Community
United States
5591 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So type 2 is reverse of 1940?

Yes - type II is 1940 REV:
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3016 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a winner Mark! A beautiful coin for sure. !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6888 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes - type II is 1940 REV:

Thanks Earle for clearing that up!!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9170 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-64 for the purist in me . Nice upgrade .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6888 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Tony - even at 64 I made out allright!

Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  10:43 am  Show Profile   Check einstem's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add einstem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a MS full Jefferson collection myself, and agree that is a beauty.. real nice coin!
Michael
Pillar of the Community
United States
6943 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6888 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for the grades - I won't have it in hand untill Friday.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
14250 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05