Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Im new and need helps !  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  12:19 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Swanf17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi ive received coins from my grand father and I searched alot on internet because he also have Chinese old coins and even with weight / measure etc I cant really be 100% sure and I really wanna know if they fake or not... he didnt talked me about those coins so I'm clueless...

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***

Edited by Swanf17
08/10/2018 12:54 am
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Swanf17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can I email some one to help me ? Its 1800 one dollar coin and some 18**
Pillar of the Community
United States
9297 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  12:29 am  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Without good clear pix, both sides and in focus without a lot of extra background, we can't help you. There are a lot, an aggregious amount of counterfeit Chinese empirical coins unfortunately. I suggest you see if they stick to a magnet. If they do, they are fake. Weight and size MUST match very closely. Most can be easily identified, but give us the pix, then the experts can help.

At 50 posts the PM feature can be activated and emails then can be sent. Post pix use the uploading tutorials if you need to. Takes a bit of getting used to, but you'll enjoy it!

Edited by Crazyb0
08/10/2018 12:33 am
Learn More...
United States
13128 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  12:30 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

There are some tips if you follow the inherited link.

This forum is broken in to several sections. Try to post your coins or questions in the correct section to reach experts in that area quicker.

Here is the tutorial about uploading and posting images

And here is the CCF Free Image Optimizer to help crop your images.

Please preview your post/pictures to be sure they are rotated correctly.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Swanf17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok like this ? doesn't react to magnet at all
Edited by Swanf17
08/10/2018 01:12 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2091 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1800 - counterfeit rims are wrong for date.

1871 - counterfeit - trade dollar not minted for date

1873 - counterfeit - pattern trade dollar mussy details. A lot of Chinese fakes were made for this pattern coin.

1881 Morgan - counterfeit flat details in wing.

My guess alll these coins will stick to magnet. Silver will not stick to magnet.
Edited by Slider23
08/10/2018 07:22 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  06:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, but not looking good in way of genuine US coins. Looks like grandpa may of been buying coins at a local flea market.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16791 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try asking your grandpa where he got those.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
4941 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of them are counterfeits.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kylecolb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
all fake, sorry man
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Swanf17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its ok thank you every one ! Just wanted to be sure ;) I knew it... he would have talked about it to us before haha
Pillar of the Community
United States
1348 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
+1
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05