Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Native American $1 Coin & Currency Set

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
1321 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received a UPS return shipping label today via email. Today I also received my order for the two sets that I placed after these sets came off back order. I'm crossing my fingers that the dollar bills are straight. I'll see when I get home.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1321 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The two sets that I ordered after they came off backorder are fine. One dollar bill was slightly off center, but a little tapping got it in place. The first two sets that I received are going back tomorrow in the box these last two were received in.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10012 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The two sets that I ordered after they came off backorder are fine. One dollar bill was slightly off center, but a little tapping got it in place. The first two sets that I received are going back tomorrow in the box these last two were received in.

Great! All's well that ends well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
762 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my return label after 3 weeks!
Learn More...
United States
76200 Posts
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still haven't received mine yet.
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roger Engelken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered and received one of these sets last Thursday. No problems with the packaging, the note nor the coin. An interesting and informative set to have. I since went out and ordered the companion sets from 2014, 2015 and 2016.
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scott7721 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recall that in my first two sets, the dollars were offset in different directions. I received my two replacement sets today:

Same direction, but offset by more than the first two.

I'm considering whether to try to drag them into the window, but this is absolutely not my job.
Learn More...
United States
76200 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Same direction, but offset by more than the first two.
Oh my!
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarkCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered two sets. One the dollar bill was aligned perfectly, the other was off by an inch or so inside the packaging. I'm thinking that set may be the one I send the coin in to a TPG to see what that process is like for myself. I've never done that before, and they say you don't forget your first time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10012 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm considering whether to try to drag them into the window, but this is absolutely not my job.

Nope, but it's not terribly difficult to knock out. This was a very disappointing release from a quality perspective.
Pillar of the Community
United States
512 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2019  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received this set in the mail today, which proves that the US Mint still hasn't corrected the misaligned bill situation. Usually, I wouldn't hesitate to send this damaged set straight back to the Mint, but look at the Serial Number...
If you received this set with this serial number (19591959), what would you do? I'm thinking of just opening the packaging and putting the note in my currency album.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1321 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2019  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would not send that particular one back but would try to fix it myself instead.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10012 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2019  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would not send that particular one back but would try to fix it myself instead.

Likewise. It seems that people are having mixed luck getting replacements.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12372 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2019  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I received this set in the mail today, which proves that the US Mint still hasn't corrected the misaligned bill situation.

Or they're reshipping returns as many people suspect they do.

I would just remove that bill and order another set if you want an intact one.
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05