Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is Going On With The 2017 Notes?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
881 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2019  1:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mdh157 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone else wondering why they are still not making all denoms in 2017 notes after 2 years of the new admin?
Valued Member
United States
340 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2019  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
reminds me of the delay of the newest design of the $100 - too many errors may be the issue. Here's a podcast from Coinweek in August of 1017 that talks a bit about what may be part of the issue: https://coinweek.com/coinweek-podca...-note-audio/

- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
United States
39 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2019  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VictoryHighway to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still haven't seen any Series 2017 notes in circulation in Eastern Massachusetts.
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2019  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tmorge5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received my first two 2017 1 dollar bills. Fresh and crisp. Saved one cause it was way too nice looking.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1492 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2019  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking cash just isn't being used as much as it used to be, so notes don't wear out and have to be replaced as quickly. Enough of the old notes out there to meet current demand.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (early Bust era), Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
United States
925 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2019  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Enough of the old notes out there to meet current demand.

The 2013 series $1, $10, and $20 ended printing in Jan/Feb of 2018. Printing for the 2017 series $1 started in Nov 17, the $10 started in Jun 18 and the $20 started in Jun 18. So, the BEP essentially quit printing series 2013 and started printing series 2017 for these denominations.

The 2013 series $5, $50 and $100 are still the current printing series for those denominations with production still continuing as of last month.

I think the OPs question concerns why hasn't the BEP stopped printing series 2013 $5, $50 and $100 denominations and started printing series 2017 for these denominations. Why hasn't the changeover for these denominations yet occurred after 2 years of a new secretary and treasurer?

It's a good question. I wonder what the answer is
Pillar of the Community
United States
1492 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2019  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the 2013 series is still in production, that does seem odd. If they're only changing the signatures, it shouldn't require any new security features (like what caused the $100 delays a while back).

indeed.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (early Bust era), Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2019  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still on the lookout for any 2017's up in Minnesota. No luck yet.
Lincoln Wheat Cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Indian Head cents - 14 Holes / Jefferson nickels - Done / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes / V nickels - 6 holes / Shield nickels - 5 Holes / Roosevelt dimes - Done / Mercury dimes - 2 Holes; 1916D/1921P / Washington quarters - 8 holes / Standing Liberty quarters - 10 Holes / Barber quarters - 34 Holes / Kennedy halves - 7 Holes / Walking Liberty halves - 39 Holes / Franklin halves - 18 Holes
Other works in progress - 7070 / Canadian Cents / Canadian Nickels / SBA & SAC Dollars / Pres Dollars
Pillar of the Community
United States
1925 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2019  05:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first 2017 circulation find. Received in change from a local CVS Pharmacy (no old people jokes please), I would call it an AU with decent centering, and no, Mr.Frog, I'm not going to have it graded. LOL

Edited by SteveInTampa
02/05/2019 05:50 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9519 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2019  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and no, Mr.Frog, I'm not going to have it graded. LOL

Still on the lookout here too. I will almost certainly end up buying the ones for my album off of eBay but I'd like to find some in the wild too.
Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2019  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My first 2017 circulation find. Received in change from a local CVS Pharmacy
Excellent!

Quote:
no old people jokes please
Hey! I go to CVS a lot myself.
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2019  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdn44fan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Took these 2 off of the Wife before she spent them
Got them shopping in Port Huron, Mi.

Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2019  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Took these 2 off of the Wife before she spent them
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2019  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, so Mnuchin's "signature" is a non-cursive, printed version of his name. That's a first on US currency, isn't it?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
35543 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2019  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's face it, handwriting ain't what it used to be.
Edited by Coinfrog
03/03/2019 1:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
568 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2019  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add santafeboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The $1 are starting to become more common out here in Calif I've gotten them on 3 or 4 occasions lately
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05