Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is Going On With The 2017 Notes?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2019  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Let's face it, handwriting ain't what it used to be.
It barely was when I was in school and has only gotten worse.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9515 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to engineering school and from there, my cursive (such as it was) went out the window as we were required to write in blocky engineer/draftsman lettering for all our homework, assignments, and exams. I've recently been trying to get into calligraphy, just for cards and such.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9515 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And as far as 2017 notes go, I'll be ordering mine for the album soon. Are there stars for both BEP facilities at this point?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1925 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2019  04:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are there stars for both BEP facilities at this point?

Yes. Series 2017 notes include $1s, $10s and $20s (so far) and stars are printed for all of them at both DC and FW. Only three of the seven denominations have switched over to series 2017 to date.
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2019  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slotster500 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've found a few 2017 $1 notes during my currency searching. Usually 1 or 2 out of 1000 searched. I'm in central Wisconsin
Valued Member
Canada
360 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2019  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For what it's worth: I needed some US cash to travel abroad & the crisp new $1 banknotes were 2017 while the Tens were 2003 series (no stars). I withdrew these in late February from a bank here in southern Ontario, Canada.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9515 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2019  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was searching the bay for some decent prices for 2017 $1 notes and noticed the Minneapolis stars are selling for some decent money. I just saw a couple of auctions for $40 and $65/note with multiple bids. Meanwhile the Atlantas are plentiful apparently and selling from $5-8. Does Minneapolis have a small print run or did I just stumble on two anomalies? I didn't see any completed listings so maybe they're indeed hard to come by.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1925 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2019  04:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does Minneapolis have a small print run or did I just stumble on two anomalies?

One dollar Minneapolis stars haven't been printed since series 1995, so many collectors have this district on their radar. The print run on the 2017 $1 Minnie star is 250K, which is considered small.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7655 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2019  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been finding mostly $1s and $10s where I live. I was actually lucky enough to find a pack of 2017 $1 stars in circulation a while ago.
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
United States
1778 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2019  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received these 2 series 2017 notes yesterday.

Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2019  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9515 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2019  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've been finding mostly $1s and $10s where I live. I was actually lucky enough to find a pack of 2017 $1 stars in circulation a while ago.

Quote:

Excellent, both of you!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05