Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1971 & 1973 Double Queens Face/Crown/Bust/Beads Common?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
63 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  11:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just came across these looking through my 1970's cents and wondering if this is a common occurrence, I looked on Coins and Canada and there is one listed for the 1971 cent but not for the 1973.

On both it is seen on the crown, forehead, nose and bust along with the beads and some of the lettering.

PS my phone casts a shadow in the 2nd pic for each coin making it hard to see, the 3rd/4th pics were taken with my microscope that has better lighting.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
27983 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  06:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like MD. Very good pics by the way,what is your set up?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2425 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little Machine (mechanical) doubling(MD), but mostly die deterioration doubling. Pretty common
Valued Member
Canada
63 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I assumed it was probably fairly common when I found the second coin almost instantly after the first one but I figured I should ask just in case and my setup is a fairly inexpensive one, I have a desk with my laptop, a table lamp that bends and I bought a fairly cheap USB microscope with a built in zoom wheel and a ring of LEDs from ebay for around $25. It's kind of funny because although it was cheap it seems to have better lighting than my iPhone, so I use my iPhone for full pictures and I use the microscope for close ups. I highly reccomend the USB microscope to anyone wanting to get nice close ups of errors.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
27983 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One tip on your scope is to filter the lights.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05