Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nickel With Two Reverse. One Side Silver , One Side Not.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  5:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Diff4ant to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi I just got a nickel in change from the corner store. It has to reverse and one has the big P above the monticello. And the other side doesn't. You can tell each side is made from different coins. It seems counterfeit to me. Can someone take a look at it for me? I can't figure out how to upload the pics.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10687 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@diff4ant, first welcome to CCF. Second, sorry that you are having trouble with the uploading feature. Here is a link to the tutorial to help you get started:

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...g-images.asp

Third, from your description, this sounds like a so-called Magician's coin. I look forward to seeing your pictures!
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
34330 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But it will be fun to see the pics!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9375 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This sounds like an interesting piece! I've seen plenty of Magician's coins but not one made from a war nickel. Good luck with posting your photos.

Learn More...
United States
69389 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7609 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17752 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many coins like that are around. Can't figure out how a magician allows them to get out. They cost a lot of money.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3406 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  09:05 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might be a Magicians coin but the two pieces tend to come apart from each other easily. Might just be a trick double tails coin that someone made.

"Tails! I win!"
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
34330 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05