Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1937 S Lincoln Wheat Cent Doubled Die DDO-001 - MS

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 719Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  10:59 pm Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This one is pretty much the same grade as the two I have in my collection but I tend to pick up extra DDO-001 coins when I see them. Ten bucks for this one as a cherrypick. The obvious die gouges on the reverse place this as a late die stage.

1937-S Lincoln Wheat cent doubled die DDO-001

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome cherrypick tropicalbats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks E & V!
Edited by tropicalbats
05/16/2019 11:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4062 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice cherrypick! $10 seems pretty good IMOHO.

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg

Collector of Varieties and Errors of all kinds

Pillar of the Community
United States
3288 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't believe that cent was sitting there 5 days at $1.50.and only 3 people watching....at least I made you pay more than 5 bucks for it....nice pick-up..I'll get the next one..

Did you get the 43D from about aweek ago?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4159 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  07:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful cent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7115 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  07:27 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pickup!
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48991 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good eye and congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all! And GF you're up for the next one unless something MS-65 or better comes up. I'm still not thinking this is the best I can do for this DDO-001 so haven't stopped looking at them yet. Probably will end up finding one in a slab at some point and that'll end it for me. But in general I don't think this one is all that rare, as I've seen a number of them in nice but not top condition. It's just a matter of time.
Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pound_foolish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another fine 'pick!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45251 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lets look at these. It is the correct one, but on 1937-S there are 4 DDO's. How are they all different? Lets take a look:

Notice the little things that show they are different. Seeing them closer together helps a lot more.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3288 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TB...the hunt and battle is half the fun...I'll just have to wait a little longer to fill that one...if a MS-65 does show up...I hope one of us won't see it.....nice pick-up..best of luck with future finds...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have no fear, my bat season is just about upon me and I do almost no cherrypicking all summer. Certainly easier without me in the mix, but there are always others...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48991 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Play ball?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Catch bats of the furry flying variety. Often in areas with no internet or even cell service so no cherrypicking.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 719Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05