Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Poll: What Jefferson Nickel Obverse Design Is Your Favorite?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
369 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After all these years, he remains handsome.
Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  08:31 am  Show Profile   Check HoboNickelCarver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm surprised at the popularity of the original Jefferson design.
It is currently holding 78% of the vote!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5667 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
#2 is my favorite artistically, but it isn't very practical - just a little wear or a few bumps and the eye appeal drops to zero. I loved them when they came out - a real breath of fresh air.

#3 is my least favorite of all permanent modern US designs. It just does nothing for me.

#1 is a classic, AND it stands up to decades worth of wear. I love the look of old veteran 1940s nickels that still show up from time to time in pocket change. Admittedly, I do agree that the classic higher relief was better than the newer iterations.
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm surprised at the popularity of the original Jefferson design.
It is currently holding 78% of the vote!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
#1...That's why they call it a classic design.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
1849 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 for sure.
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
#3 is the best because it shows more of Jefferson. It should be a deeper strike, though.
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It should be a deeper strike, though.
Should, but never will be. The super high mintages require low relief to increase speed and die life.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05