Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

194? P LWC Grease Filled But It May The Holy Grail? Will Be Sent Off.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1884 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a tough one to tell. Wish you the best of luck with the attribution.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2872 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2872 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent pics to Dr. James Wiles and he emailed me back last night. He told me to weigh the cent (which I already had), 3.09 gms and check the design against other 1943 cents, I've done that as well. He said that because it was grease filled there wasn't much that he could do. I think Coinfrog hit it on the head that even if he did attribute it the TPG would probably not slab it from the standpoint of liability. So I have a very interesting cent and a pretty good conversation piece.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2022 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't see any traces of a fourth digit. I highly doubt it's a 43, but if you do send it to Wiles let us know the results.
Valued Member
United States
442 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDCENT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting coin,nonetheless.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05