Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Regarding The Increasingly Lower Mintages/Sales Of The ASE Burnished Coin..

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  8:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm just sort of thinking out loud as I type this.

i go back and read older ASE posts from time to time. the last time I looked, the (up-to-date at that time) mintage numbers for the burnished ASE appear to be getting lower with each passing year. the sales numbers might also be lowering. is anyone else supposing that the mint might cease making the burnished coin? it's been on my mind. I guess if the mint were to stop making them i'd be sad to see them go, but I wouldn't be crushed by it. there'd probably still be a bullion strike and a proof or two each year, and I guess there's always a chance of a set with a unique ASE included, or a reverse proof or enhanced uncirculated or something. just wondering if any of the community's ASE collectors know anything in particular or have thoughts on it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12371 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only way they're going to stop making them is if they have too to keep up with the bullion demand. The mintages have to fall MUCH MUCH further before they're no longer a cash cow for the mint.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2019  06:59 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint makes a decent profit on the W's so I agree that it will continue as a series. Bets are off if the design will remain the same though.

Here is a somewhat interesting article about the W's. Note: the mintage numbers for the later issues are a tad off. Corrected numbers below the link.

..and an important point regarding "decreasing" numbers. The Annual Dollar Set was d/c'd after 2016 resulting in the lower numbers. Add the set and we are pretty constant (except for the new key 2018 W)

https://coinweek.com/modern-coins/a...lver-eagles/

Quote:

2012 - 226,120
2013 - 221,981
2014 - 253,169
2015 - 223,879
2016 - 216,501
2017 - 176,565
2018 - 138,932

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10012 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2019  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It really is a significant decrease over the past 6 years. I wonder if/when they'll take a page from the 2019 annual sets (W cents) and include a bonus item or figure out some other marketing gimmick to boost sales.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2019  06:57 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it's how you interpret the numbers. I would look at 2014 & 2018 as outliers and the 2017 showing the impact of the d/c'd Dollar set.

We will see how the 2019 does but there were close to 83k sold in the first four days of availability....probably mostly subs.

Keep an eye on that 2018 and see if it holds the "Key" title....
Pillar of the Community
United States
2745 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As of NOW, do we have the final number for 2018-W Burnished ASE yet?
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@CelticKnot

concur.

Edited by MrPink2018
07/15/2019 5:43 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05