Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pride Of Two Nations Set

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 41
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  4:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I did a quick search and didn't find anything about this set. Anyone have any updates on the "Pride of Two Nations" set? All I know is that one coin from U.S. Mint and one from RCM will be included and prices will be about $140.

If interested, here is a link to the Fed Reg about this:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  06:44 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Listed on the Product Schedule to be released on July 3rd. No other details given except the West Point Mint is indicated for the US product
Edited by Foxwoods Man
06/14/2019 06:44 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I'm interested to see what items will be included. Don't often buy from the Mint, but this may be one to get.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9795 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely interested, but we'll what the finished product looks like when photos are available.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  06:42 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Enhanced reverse proof ASE and a "modified proof" Canadian Maple Leaf

100k mintage limit

https://catalog.usmint.gov/pride-of...et-19XB.html
Edited by Foxwoods Man
06/18/2019 06:45 am
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are interesting coins but wow they really hook you in on that price
Pillar of the Community
United States
5898 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Darn, another ASE I need to get.
Learn More...
United States
73373 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking set, but a bit pricey. Probably worth it though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1018 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice looking set, but a bit pricey. Probably worth it though.
Yes, I expect it will sell out. This is low mintage for an ASE and there are many ASE collectors out there
Quote:
Darn, another ASE I need to get.
and the only question will be how long it remains available. The 2011 Anniversary set, with a similar mintage of 100,000, sold out in about 4.5 hours. I don't expect this set to sell out that quickly, but IMHO it will sell out. Earlier this year, the Kennedy/Apollo Half Dollar set took about 4 weeks to sell out. I suppose that this set could sell out in a similar amount of time, but it might go quicker
Edited by BadDog
06/18/2019 09:31 am
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$139.95 is a bit hefty.

Anyone know what a "modified" proof finish is?
Learn More...
United States
73373 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is low mintage for an ASE and there are many ASE collectors out there
Agreed. A must have for the ASE collector (I am not one).
Learn More...
United States
73373 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone know what a "modified" proof finish is?
Probably the same as what they did for the Kennedy half dollar in the Apollo set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1018 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Probably the same as what they did for the Kennedy half dollar in the Apollo set.

Maybe, but the modified proof finish is for the Maple Leaf not the ASE. Not sure what this means to the RCM. Maybe someone who collects RCM coins can comment

The ASE is an enhanced reverse proof coin, same as the Kennedy half dollar in the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary 2019 Proof Half Dollar Set
Edited by BadDog
06/18/2019 4:54 pm
Learn More...
United States
73373 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops. Looks like I saw the word reverse where it was not.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well here's a set that came out last year with a modified proof...mintage 5000 and still for sale. That would be five thousand...

https://www.mint.ca/store/coins/1-o...-prod3110047
Edited by Foxwoods Man
06/18/2019 5:30 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12137 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well here's a set that came out last year with a modified proof...mintage 5000 and still for sale. That would be five thousand...

That's not really a low mintage for them, they do so many different products not much actually sells out too. 100k for this set in terms of the Canadian side is crazy high for them.

I'd think this will probably sell out for the ASE, but if its still up at the end of the week without a sell out it may not.
Page: of 41  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05