Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New ASE Pickup Branch Mint

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community

United States
3352 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  9:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm not really sure what to make of these, but added an example to my collection since they are not very expensive.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9808 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is one of those coins that was supposedly minted at SF mint based on the band on the monster box?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4489 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think anybody really knows where they were minted. Color of the box bands and label serial numbers don't mean diddly squat to me.

As far as I'm concerned, if they have no mint mark they were minted in Philadelphia.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12146 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is one of those coins that was supposedly minted at SF mint based on the band on the monster box?

There's no supposedly about it

Quote:
I don't think anybody really knows where they were minted. Color of the box bands and label serial numbers don't mean diddly squat to me.

As far as I'm concerned, if they have no mint mark they were minted in Philadelphia.

Please stop with the misinformation. You don't have to think it is different, but this is just absurd how misleading what you said was
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15566 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No need to be quite so aggressive.
You may be right,
but
CK was just asking.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  06:34 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup...bullion minted at SF from a submitted monster box of 500 (#478). I'm not into graded bullion but no huge premium added if you want to add one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5898 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to say I have a full set of American Eagles, less the 1995 w, but I do not consider a label to distinguish another separate coin. Still a nice example of a 2013 bullion issue.
Learn More...
United States
73511 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find the provenance interesting, but not really necessary for a set. I can relate this to the minor variety collectors of other series. You either need/want them or you do not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1028 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can relate this to the minor variety collectors of other series.

Not exactly. With varieties, there is an actual difference (perhaps minor, but still discernable) of some kind between the coins.

There is no discernable difference between the coins that the TPGs label as (S) or (W). The only discernable difference was the package they arrived in at the TPG. The TPGs realized this could be turned into a profit and created the (S) and (W) labels.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really can't disagree with that..I said a long time ago that it was a TPG created item and got crap for it....

So collect what you want and enjoy..it won't be in my coin boxes
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9808 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So collect what you want and enjoy.

Exactly... my question was just to clarify what you had there, basebal21. Also I though there was some confusion and clerical errors that brought some of these into question as to which mint it was from which they came. I wasn't knocking your purchase.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12146 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The TPGs didn't create it, the US mint did by how they made them
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3239 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't the mint later retract the mapping saying "oopsies we were wrong"
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12146 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Didn't the mint later retract the mapping saying "oopsies we were wrong"

You're referring to the P where they were upset that there were such premiums and their big announcement was basically that everything was right all along. It was a weird attempt to disrupt the market in my opinion and basically everyone was like yes we know that's how they were a P
Pillar of the Community
United States
1028 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The TPGs didn't create it, the US mint did by how they made them

The US Mint created the coins, the TPGs created the labels.

Take the coins out of the slabs and no one can tell which mint facility produced which coin.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12146 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The US Mint created the coins, the TPGs created the labels.

They're just labeling them for what they are though. Labels are a result of the coin not the other way around.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05