Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Radar Star North Africa & 7-in-a-row Educational Silver Certificates

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  05:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SerialNumberMan7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I want to share here a couple US Currency Notes from my collection.

These two notes are both unique & pretty in their own ways.

$10 North Africa Star-Radar *01077010A
Only three Radars are known on $10 North Africa, of the three this is the only star. I always think that this note symbolizes Day & Night theme because the yellow seal looks like a bright Sun and while the blue star looks like a dark Star at night.

$1 Educational 7-In-A-Row ->5555555<-
No 8-digit solid serials are known on any Educational US Currency. This is the only known 7-In-A-Row Serial on Educational Silver Certificate. The seven 5s in the serial reminds me of the total days in 1 week which is 7 days. The #5 in the serial reminds me of 5 weekdays per week.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2206 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  05:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF.

Cool notes !
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  06:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While I can appreciate the radar and repeating serial numbers, I'm more impressed by the notes themselves.

Obsolete US Currency always reminds me of ancient Greek coinage. The artists that created it had some sort of magic oozing from their fingers that has since been lost.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28441 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. I really like them both. If you have more cool notes,please post them.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4038 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive post and information. Please share more of your collection and knowledge with us.
Valued Member
United States
358 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are some very nice notes SerialMan!
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39265 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remarkable notes, we look forward to seeing the rest of your collection!

to the Paper Money Forum!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9936 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Outstanding notes!
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Both very impressive notes. Welcome to the forum -- hope to see more posts from you!
Valued Member
Canada
493 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, a solid 5 Educational $1 and replacement radar North African "Tenner." Extremely collectible notes "Serial#Man" & welcome to CCF!
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  04:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SerialNumberMan7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for reading my post.

Another cool note I should share here, a very low serial number of B00000099* on FRN $500 that's a star note too.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2206 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super Fr 2201-B*.

I believe this note resided in a PMG VF30 holder earlier in the year. It's known as the second lowest $500 star Heritage has ever auctioned.
Valued Member
United States
495 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  10:02 am  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess the $1 Educational 7-In-A-Row note could also be called a Radar...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9936 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Super Fr 2201-B*.

I believe this note resided in a PMG VF30 holder earlier in the year. It's known as the second lowest $500 star Heritage has ever auctioned.

One wonders why it is now holder-less?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One wonders why it is now holder-less?

Individual preference I would assume

...but, I would at least put it in a currency sleeve
Edited by BadDog
07/23/2019 4:19 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05