Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looks Like The 2012 $2 Red Poppy Is Becoming Red Hot!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
399 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2019  08:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone else noticed the sudden increase in value for this coin over the past 6 months?
Sales history on ebay, over this period, is showing anywhere between a 100% to 300% increase!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
3173 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2019  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Being the first colored coin released for circulation and a low mintage of half a million - it's not a surprise. I've got two that was pulled from circulation.

But still, the price is quite something - about $100 unc...
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Valued Member
Australia
268 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2019  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinOS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for making me aware of this one, I'll watch my change.

The 2015 War Heroes red poppy $1 coin is already selling for the same as a 1923 halfpenny.

Amazing..
Valued Member
Australia
93 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UberDan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that is increadible! I've got a 2018 30th Anniversary of the $2 coin set, and it appears it has jumped in value as well! It was about $70 at release, and now some are selling for over 300% as well at $230+! (This set includes a replica of the coin in question, which seems to be half the reason the price has gone up). Would it be reccomend to sell this coin and/or the previously mentioned set now? Or are they likely to just plateau and ride high for the foreseeable future?

Oh, and I just realised that an ad for the 2012 $2 poppy just popped up on this page saying "great bargain! Only $150", so, yeah, definitely gone up quite a bit ;).
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1415 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember seeing last year they were quite expensive but $100 seems crazy.
Valued Member
Australia
399 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not to be undone, the 2015 $1 Dollar Red Poppy coin just seems to keep going up and up!

The link doesn't appear to be working? If you search ebay for RARE 2015 WW 1 War Heroes $1 Red Poppy coin on RAM card Unc mintage 13,500 it should come up.
Edited by coaster
08/05/2019 6:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
587 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I remember seeing last year they were quite expensive but $100 seems crazy.

Yeah,ridiculous money,i sold about 20 RSL 2012 $2 about 2 years ago for $40-$50 and thought I was doing well but the feeding frenzy has continued.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3173 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2019  01:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the 2015 1 dollar poppy is different - it was never intended for circulation.

Nevertheless I'll keep hunting any interesting coins down. :)
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05