Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Date Unknown Standing Liberty Quarter Error?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
253 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  3:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JW3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not sure here what's happening. Weight is 5.58 grams

Pillar of the Community
United States
794 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see a faint "3" in the date, which tells me it's 1923.
This is a PMD coin, worth only silver melt
This appears to be a coin that had its edges clipped. This was a common practice in the 16th through 18th centuries.
Edited by CalzoneManiac
08/19/2019 3:46 pm
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JW3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well the whole planchet looks off. And to be that off weight? I know the Susan B Anthony dollars were way after but it has same shape
Learn More...
United States
21696 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This was a common practice in the 16th through 18th centuries.

1923 is in the 20th century.
Pillar of the Community
United States
794 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1923 is in the 20th century.

I know that.
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JW3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So everyone here thinks it's PMD? I'm still very believing it's an error
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40501 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is simply deliberate damage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4185 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So everyone here thinks it's PMD? I'm still very believing it's an error

Then send it into one of the TPG's and get it slabbed.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely no way it is an error, damage plain and simple.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Check Onedollarbillnut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Onedollarbillnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damage only. Worth melt.
Tim Hughes
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29064 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post strike damage,worth melt.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
08/19/2019 5:27 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16997 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...ouch..oh...owe...ouch.

I nightmare coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12770 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So everyone here thinks it's PMD?

At the risk of piling on...yes.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40501 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Give it up, JW3.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1553 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People would shave a little bit of silver off of hundreds of coins and get a free silver bar...just PMD
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18445 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Then send it into one of the TPG's and get it slabbed.

Hey! I wanted to say that.
just carl
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05