Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ASE Design Change Per Mint Director

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  4:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I watched this video, in the last minute or so they discuss security features in the ASE billion coin, which the director asserted there will likely be changes to the ASE. Interesting interview on the whole. Looks like we'll also get w minted coins in circulation next year too.

iC_Rqh-1o_Y

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i just found that video while surfing you tube. I have mixed feelings about everything mentioned, though I'm okay with security features for the ASE.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16872 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Change the ASE?

An emoji I've never used

Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ moxking:

i share that sentiment.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12369 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Change the ASE?

Long over due especially the reverse. At the very least can do things with the fields like other countries have done. That said the last couple times they have changed things like the 1c and 5c have been a huge disappointment so maybe it is better to leave it alone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2735 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say get rid of the ASE and replace it with a totally new design of Lady Liberty and the eagle, like they did for that Liberty . . . . medal ... this year. Uhhhh, on second thought, replace it with a silver buffalo, but make it like the .9999 gold version, not the 2001 silver commemorative.

Goodness gracious, I can already hear the wails from a certain group of people.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add winterfell to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am all for new security features and don't mind a change of design. I'm very curious to see what it will look like!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05